Bank Beaters Busted? Sbi Nationals

Notices

Bank Beaters Busted? Sbi Nationals

Old 09-18-2002, 05:46 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were did this info come from?

Testing on Sat? Did they go the wrong way?
Old 09-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ron p the word came in a fax from sbi late today
they say we did not register the emotion boat before testing and that they did not have helmets or jackets on while on plane and failure to report to race control that we were testing
Old 09-23-2002, 11:48 AM
randyracer33

Default SBI Supercat Lite New York

Just to set the record straight on this matter let me forward the ruling John Carbonnel has made on the Supercat Lite race results from New York

1.Bankbeaters has been Disqualified for racing in New York with ECU boxes that "did not meet the requirements of SBI"

2.Fastboats.com has been disqualified for the following infractions.
-"Larry Goldman tested the vessel E-Motion on Saturday Set 7th failed to call race control and failed to sign the insurance waiver, entry form and medical info sheet required by SBI.
***An appeal has been submitted to SBI as the SBI rule book states that "Testing prior to registration shall result in a $100 fine"Furthermore Larry Goldman never tested on Sept 7th.

3.Zipp Express has been Disqualified for "Unsportsmanlike conduct according to page 18 #11 " "With the actions of Daniel Francis on the NIGHT of Sept 8,2002 in which you were totally out of control with your remarks to the race officials and SBI director."
-"Due to your boats absence from the race site, your team was the only one that the ECU boxes were not tested"(Keep in mind this was the 5th place boat and Zipp had offered numerous times for SBI to test their ECU boxes and it wasn't until after 6pm that the ECU boxes were tested, rather than immediately following the race. In fact the ECU boxes from Bankbeaters were NEVER tested at the race site. It was more than 1 week later that SBI actually tested the boxes after Bankbeaters REFUSED to allow the SBI tech official to test the boxes!!!

4. E-Motion "John Somyk and Larry Goldman were testing on Sat Sept 7th 2002 without a helmet or jacket"
-"The boat tested without signing insurance waiver,entry form or medical info sheet. "Therefore E-Motion is disqualified from the New York race "

5 "Lube Jobs did not purchase fuel from the Sunoco truck.Rule 3.4#1-all race boats must purchase fuel on site at each event.I know that the truck ran out of fuel in your class ,if you can provide a receipt from a gas station where you bought fuel the fuel I will pay the prize money"

"The Official Results of the Superboat Limited Class will stand as follows:
1st place 42 Lube Jobs
DQ Bankbeaters
DQ Fastboats.com
DQ E-Motion
DQ Zipp Express"

It is amazing how all the boats who Protested Bankbeaters for having illegal Equipment (specifically the ECU boxes) have been disqualified for a vast number of frivalous infractions that have been fabricated over the 10 days following the New York race. How convenient for SBI and Bankbeaters that the National Championship Points revert to the standings from the prior race in New Jersey. It looks like you can still cheat (get caught) and still win a National Championship in SBI!!! It is situations like this that give SBI and Offshore powerboat racing a bad name!!

Old 09-23-2002, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If all of what randyracer says above is true, well, THAT is the reason I am no longer racing and am now ENJOYING the POKER RUN scene!

Over grown boys crying in the sand box (Carbonnell).
Old 09-23-2002, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T2x- Considering all the B.S. involved with this race The above mentioned new race classes are looking good. Just dont leave out the "California Freeway Swing your boat on the trailer at the ******* that wont let you make a lane change" Event. Ive been practicing!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

you sbi members should be outraged!!!!! normally if you denied inspections you would be dq'ed but not here. we WILL NOT BE BACK TO SBI!!!!! and handing out enough penalties to every one to cover up something is what it looks like to me.. kelly still wins what s---.he should have all points taken away because he really embaressed you JOHN... proving what everyone said about sbi........
Old 09-23-2002, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, that certainly is some fancy finagling...
I guess you can mold the outcome any way you want.
Old 09-23-2002, 01:19 PM
Registered

yes doug you do know how to jump the starts .. to you thats fair....i was in deerfield next to you when you decidednot to mill anymore..again warned by john but not repremanded... he has been doing it since last november in key west....... i was there too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!once a cheater...well you know
Old 09-23-2002, 01:29 PM
FAST FOUNTAIN

Racesdad, I too was in Deerfield. I heard of races with 2 starts, I heard of races with 3 starts. But never 2 starts in the same class until Doug started racing in this class. The joke at New Yorks drivers meeting was give doug the green flag and let eveyone in the class follow him instead of the pace boat.

Old 09-23-2002, 03:34 PM
Registered

no we are pretty sure on all these points... they are facts

Quick Reply: Bank Beaters Busted? Sbi Nationals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.