Notices

Wireless Intercomm

Old 11-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok Padraig, tell us how they worked out. I really like the wireless concept with Bluetooth.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 353 Likes on 193 Posts

There have been no problems and volume of the headset is very good and I have old abused ears. It is great being able to easily communicate in a crowded Poker Run, coming home late at night in the dark or just to comment about a beautiful sunset. I also like that they are wireless. Just put them on, and pair with the other unit by pushing a button. No fuss no muss!

Only two negatives and they are not biggies. There is a slight buzzing noise while running not bad but noticeable. After using them a while I really don't notice it. There other is that sometimes Darlene would rather stand when it gets really snotty. When she stands she gets the full effect of the wind and I can hear it in my headset. However I can still hear her over the wind/static so it is OK. I think this is likely a problem with all intercoms using a open mic. I believe the only solution might be a throat mic. If we are both sitting below the windshield the sound is great

Bottom line is we really like them. I have never used any other intercom so I have no comparison but I have no regrets about these and would do it again.

Padraig
Old 11-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have 4 of these wireless headsets and really like them. Easy to link up all 4 headsets, and playing music blue toothed from my IPhone to headsets works flawlessly. If you remove the big muff over the microphone, there is a screw to adjust gain and reduce the effects of the wind.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 353 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by sea2jet
I also have 4 of these wireless headsets and really like them. Easy to link up all 4 headsets, and playing music blue toothed from my IPhone to headsets works flawlessly. If you remove the big muff over the microphone, there is a screw to adjust gain and reduce the effects of the wind.
I haven't tried adjusting the sensitivity on the mic yet. Which way do you turn it to decrease the sensitivity?

Padraig
Old 11-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.ph...roducts_id=570
For anyone else looking!

Last edited by kevinb230; 11-03-2015 at 12:31 PM.