Notices

Go-Pro Advice

Old 06-26-2015, 06:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 77 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Go-Pro Advice

I'm looking for recommendations on a Go-Pro and mount. I have searched previous threads, but figured there is always new models being released. What's the best one for mounting on a boat? Ease of use, durability, etc. I'm not exactly a tech genius, so any help would be appreciated .
Old 06-26-2015, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/SJCAM-Original.../dp/B00MIT658W

I have one those. Gopro copy. Takes great video, comes with a ton of mounts, and you can buy 4 for the price of one gopro. Just make sure you get the original one. The copies of the copy aren't that great.

WiFi works good on it and the water proof case went down 18 feet with me a couple weeks ago.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a Hero 3 Black Edition. It came with a remote and various mounts. I ended up buying a Brunton extended battery for the camera that will last many hours of run time. The factory battery in the camera is weak at best. Also the remote will need recharging after about 1 hr, so I plug it in when in use on the boat. I have used the GOPRO suction cup mount supplied with the camera on the boat, outside on cars, and on roadrace motorcycles at the track at near 150 MPH, no issues. Its expensive and frustrating to get the hang of using the camera but after a few uses it gets easy.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

I crossed over to the dark side a couple of weeks ago with a Hero4 silver.
Needed the touch screen because it will usually be mounted in the hotshoe of the DSLR.

Seems like a winner so far...
Shot 20gb of footage hanging out of the helo in Texas but haven't had time to look at a second of it yet.

eta: bought a bag of mounts and attachments on ebay for $15.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally recommend what Jay suggest, HERO 4 SILVER. You could go all out for a HERO BLACK but unless you plan on recording a lot of 4K I wouldnt spend the extra $100. The silver will shoot 4K but at a slower FPS. I use the GO PRO APP on my phone for all the camera adjustments, start/stop, etc. The silver will also do time lapse photos in both day or night then compile them at the end of the recording for a time lapse video. Its a pretty amazing camera for sure.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 77 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks guys. I'll look int the Hero 4 Silver.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 199 Posts

Before you mount it, look up 242LS in the cigarette section how he has his mounted on a pole behind the rear seat.He has the best videos.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:08 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 15,494 Likes on 4,008 Posts

Check out this video, It was shot using the ReplayXD Mini, they are $140. They have great mounts made of aluminum, with machine screws, (Not Plastic). the size of a lipstick case. are user friendly,before you spend your hard earned dollars, do some home work and check out all that is available. The bigger version is the PrimeX battery last 3 hrs 45 minutes.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...hrill-pix.html
Old 06-26-2015, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up a Hero 4 Silver and the suction cup mount. I have no idea how to use it or use any of the editing software. So I am following this thread! Come on Summer.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 02RedWS6TA
http://www.amazon.com/SJCAM-Original.../dp/B00MIT658W

I have one those. Gopro copy. Takes great video, comes with a ton of mounts, and you can buy 4 for the price of one gopro. Just make sure you get the original one. The copies of the copy aren't that great.

WiFi works good on it and the water proof case went down 18 feet with me a couple weeks ago.
I've seen this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-1...item51cf3ed2e5 on ebay and really wondered if the company that makes the GoPro just started making their own?

How do you know which is the copy and which is the copy of the copy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.