Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
30 days to go Don Aronow Around Long Island Marathon >

30 days to go Don Aronow Around Long Island Marathon

Notices

30 days to go Don Aronow Around Long Island Marathon

Old 07-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

This picture is today at Skater, the boat is in the paint booth. I don't know if we will make the race but we are definitely still trying too. If it is out of paint in the next two weeks I will try to rig it in two weeks and make the race. We will bring the V-bottom Skater diesel and race it if the new boat is not done and does not have a chance of making it to the LOTO shootout.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543527[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543528[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 30 days to go Don Aronow Around Long Island Marathon-img_5199.jpg   30 days to go Don Aronow Around Long Island Marathon-img_5202.jpg  

Last edited by BigSilverCat; 07-26-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
This picture is today at Skater, the boat is in the paint booth. I don't know if we will make the race but we are definitely still trying too. If it is out of paint in the next two weeks I will try to rig it in two weeks and make the race. We will bring the V-bottom Skater diesel and race it if the new boat is not done and does not have a chance of making it to the LOTO shootout.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543527[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543528[/ATTACH]
We look forward to your entry with either boat. Could you please post the line rendering of the paint job on the cat and any photos you may have of the Skater Vee bottom diesel boat.

We are trying to post as many photos of the boats as we can. We want the spectators to know which boats will be running on that day.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2015, 10:33 AM
freezeframevideo.net
Commercial Member

Received 889 Likes on 649 Posts

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 07-27-2015, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEZE FRAME VIDEO
unfortunately i am out as well, engines going back in this week, but I will be in Key West that weekend with my daughter. She is stationed on the CG Cutter Thetis which just came back from a 67 day patrol and i am shooting down to see her, then she leaves for another 2 month patrol.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
unfortunately i am out as well, engines going back in this week, but I will be in Key West that weekend with my daughter. She is stationed on the CG Cutter Thetis which just came back from a 67 day patrol and i am shooting down to see her, then she leaves for another 2 month patrol.
Too bad, you guys ran the Bimini race so well. Does this mean that Dave is now free for other throttleman duties if someone is looking for a good T man?
Old 07-28-2015, 06:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Too bad, you guys ran the Bimini race so well. Does this mean that Dave is now free for other throttleman duties if someone is looking for a good T man?
Im sure he would love it! He loved the bimini race as did i. In jeffs pic dave is comparing his handheld compass to the one mounted in the boat. Despite having a state of the art map we held at 109° and came in a little north of the turn boat. I would love to run this with the new blowers
Old 07-28-2015, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Im sure he would love it! He loved the bimini race as did i. In jeffs pic dave is comparing his handheld compass to the one mounted in the boat. Despite having a state of the art map we held at 109° and came in a little north of the turn boat. I would love to run this with the new blowers
Amazing, how humble you guys are.....what you refer to as a "Map", should qualify as a world class US Geodetical Supremo Nautical Chart.

Yes coming in North of Bimini is a direct result of the North flowing Gulf Stream.....a little starboard flick every now and then helps in that race.

I will pass the word along for Dave to see if there might be an opening. Keep this one on your bucket list, with the right water, you guys would do very well.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's hear it from the single engine guys. The old Rabbit and the turtle. The twins take off into the distance, only to lose their way or break and here it comes the little single engine that could.

Photos of Dick Genth winning the Around Long Island race in his single engine Formula / Thunderbird.

Dick was also a jet fighter pilot. In boating he was president of Thunderbird / Formula and later Donzi. He was the guy who brought out the 33 foot Donzi with the sweeping transom.

How about hearing from some Thunderbird / Formula or Donzi guys to go for the glory again this race / rally
Attached Thumbnails 30 days to go Don Aronow Around Long Island Marathon-offshore-oldies0013-medium-.jpg   30 days to go Don Aronow Around Long Island Marathon-offshore-oldies0017-medium-.jpg   30 days to go Don Aronow Around Long Island Marathon-offshore-oldies0024-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by HORBA; 07-28-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Charlie- what is the single engine record in hours/minutes?
Old 07-28-2015, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by top banana
amazing, how humble you guys are.....what you refer to as a "map", should qualify as a world class us geodetical supremo nautical chart.

Yes coming in north of bimini is a direct result of the north flowing gulf stream.....a little starboard flick every now and then helps in that race.

I will pass the word along for dave to see if there might be an opening. Keep this one on your bucket list, with the right water, you guys would do very well.
Attached Thumbnails 30 days to go Don Aronow Around Long Island Marathon-map.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.