Notices

P1 cheating

Old 08-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brentadkins
Everytime I see someone mention Ms Geico in a boat race, it just pisses me off, as they absolutely refuse to insure high performance boats..... The fact that they run a high performance boat for advertising is an insult to the intelligence and passion of those that are truly involved in this "sport".... Just my 2 cents
Your a Jackass. The Geico team is a huge asset to offshore racing.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Registered

Why don't you bring your Top Gun to the next race?
Old 08-02-2015, 09:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by extras
Your a Jackass. The Geico team is a huge asset to offshore racing.
brentadkins has a good point - he didn't say anything derogatory about the Geico team, he merely made an observation that Geico corporate doesn't insure high performance boats yet they sponsor a race team and use it in their advertising. I don't disagree...
Old 08-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Registered

Well, at least the cheating has gotten "less" blatant!

Sometime back (15-20 years?) there was an indecent where they used two boats with the "fake" boat starting the race and then it slipped away in to some islands and the "real" driver (and matching boat) entered the race midway (of course in the lead).

He crossed the finish line first but was not awarded the honor because they new "something was not right: (you know that you have left someone in the dust and then they are at the finishing line waiting for you).

I would love for someone to chime in on this with the name of the race and actual fact about this
Old 08-02-2015, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by boating4me
Well, at least the cheating has gotten "less" blatant!

Sometime back (15-20 years?) there was an indecent where they used two boats with the "fake" boat starting the race and then it slipped away in to some islands and the "real" driver (and matching boat) entered the race midway (of course in the lead).

He crossed the finish line first but was not awarded the honor because they new "something was not right: (you know that you have left someone in the dust and then they are at the finishing line waiting for you).

I would love for someone to chime in on this with the name of the race and actual fact about this
I think you are referring to a Miami Vice episode.
It was called the Great McCarthy.

I think they had 2 50' Carys and were running drugs
Old 08-03-2015, 01:12 AM
Registered

Received 982 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
I think you are referring to a Miami Vice episode.
It was called the Great McCarthy.

I think they had 2 50' Carys and were running drugs
yep

And if they had not cheated Sonny would have won because he had the guys from the police car garage put some turbochargers on his boat so that that slug Chris Craft could break 65 , Or was the Scarab in the show by than ?
Old 08-03-2015, 01:16 AM
Registered

Errrr.... Now I am embarrassed....

I thought that I was recalling something that really happened (I am hoping that someone wall chime in and tell me that Miami Vice was copying something that happened in real life).
Old 08-03-2015, 05:15 AM
Registered

As far as I am concerned Geico's practices are totally misleading and hypocritical, not to mention that they use the top class to perpetrate this bait and switch.

Dean
Old 08-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
yep

And if they had not cheated Sonny would have won because he had the guys from the police car garage put some turbochargers on his boat so that that slug Chris Craft could break 65 , Or was the Scarab in the show by than ?
I think it was the Cris Craft. I just watched that episode last week. It's on a few hrs every morning at 10-11-12 on direct tv
Old 08-03-2015, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't understand cheating ?

If you know you didn't win (fairly ) where is the reward ?
Certainly not a $20 trophy .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.