Notices

Water Pressure ?

Old 08-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Pressure ?

Does anyone know what kind of water pressure would be on 6.2 SBC with Bravo1 ?
Old 08-03-2015, 10:03 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

what rpms and how are you reading it - smartcraft, scan tool - which one or a mechanical gauge ?

Which 6.2 and year model do have also Is this ECM 555 or MEFI 3

More info surely needed

Last edited by BUP; 08-03-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey BUP ,,, it is MEFI 3 ,, don't have mechanical gauge,, about to change lowers and want to see if pressure is any different,,, can it be check with scan tool?
Originally Posted by BUP
what rpms and how are you reading it - smartcraft, scan tool - which one or a mechanical gauge ?

Which 6.2 and year model do have also Is this ECM 555 or MEFI 3

More info surely needed
Old 08-04-2015, 01:35 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

There was a reason why I posted what I did and asking for more info.

MEFI 3 can not read water pressure has no sensor nor the capability to do so for MEFI 3. The scan tool has nothing to read nor can

ECM 555 & PCM 555 model year 2001 and up along with PCM 09 CAT can read water pressure with scan tool and displayed on smartcraft gauge to watch it all the time.

Also all MEFI's is NOT and does NOT have smartcraft capabilities. Smartcraft can read water pressure psi and you can watch it on the gauge as you are going down the lake. I set my smartcraft gauge to this and watch water pressure for many reasons all the time.

for your set up you will need a form of a mechanical psi set up.

IMO I really like a lot better the water flow meters hooked inline of the cooling flowing water path internally. This is the route I am going for my apps. I have been looking into this as there is about 4 players in that market. The water flow meter housing hooks inline into one of the cooling hoses and the internal paddle wheel spins to display the water flow volume as the water is hitting it. 2 ways this system can be applied to any marine engine app. One is install a gauge and watch it mechanically or have it programed into your ECM if your have a source to do so.

Keep in mind any form of pressure is a measure of resistance hence why I like the water flow better if properly set up and installed. Indmar has a really cool set up for this and matter of fact I just talked to the Indmar engineer all about as we were going over things I wanted to do with it so I needed some answers as they (Indmar) did a lot of testing for their set up. Anyways sorry for the long post. Its late now tomorrow is another day to do the boat thing all over again.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the ECM555 Smartcraft gauges on my 6.2 twins. Also, have mechanical backup gauges. Both, SC and mechanical gauges read identical. When the impellers are new, WP @WOT is as high as 22-23 PSI, less than 1 PSI idle @ 600 rpm.