removing dye stains on my bench seat >

removing dye stains on my bench seat

Notices

removing dye stains on my bench seat

Old 08-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default removing dye stains on my bench seat

My wife had friends with us this weekend and one of them was wearing new suit with a black top that I guess she had not washed yet she got back in the boat after being in the lake and we headed off to lunch. So now I have a nice black dye stain right in the middle of my back seat. I tried simple green and magic erasers and that did not phase it, I bought a bottle of mildew/stain remover at the marina that had some bleach and with the little bit of magic eraser I had left was able to remove about 50% or the stain. I was thinking of trying chlorox laundry bleach with the magic eraser but I don't want to damage the upholstery. Anyone have any suggestions? the remaining stain is about the size and shape of a nerf football.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sunlight. It'll go away eventually.

You may be able to use some benzoyl peroxide creme to help speed it along.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

I have had good luck with Goof Off to remove difficult stains, scuffs, nail polish etc... http://www.homedepot.com/p/Goof-Off-...G654/100671841
But be careful to use as little as possible by blotting a very small amount on something like a small microfiber rag to then wipe the stain with it. Also, immediately follow it up with some type of Armor All product to re-hydrate and protect the upholstery. Like I said though, be very careful with it because I've seen it start to strip the color out of the vinyl...
Old 08-17-2015, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know if this will help

My wife purchased a pair of paints from Lands End - She washed them prior to wearing. I noticed - much to my distress - blue color on the seats of my car - (Mercedes) Cream Leather. Also on one of our couches which is likewise lighter in color - blue stains. We contacted Lands End and they put us in touch with their insurance carrier and we were able to get all of this professionally cleaned - They even offered to replace the skins in my car - which wasn't cheap. However, with a little elbow grease we were able to get all the stains out.

Maybe the person that had the swim suit should contact the store where he/she purchased and there could be some relief offered to get your stuff cleaned.

3pointstar
Old 08-17-2015, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

Magic eraser on vinyl is a big no no. Nothing harsher than Fantastik for a cleaner and then let the sun do the rest. It will be gone after a few outings.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Magic eraser on vinyl is a big no no. Nothing harsher than Fantastik for a cleaner and then let the sun do the rest. It will be gone after a few outings.
Why is magic eraser a big no no? It is a sponge and I use it all the time. Without them there is no chance at getting all the grime out of vinyl.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Why is magic eraser a big no no? It is a sponge and I use it all the time. Without them there is no chance at getting all the grime out of vinyl.

Not just a sponge, it's an abrasive.... Go take it to a finished table & watch what it does. Use them sparingly & without a lot of pressure.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MAgic erasers are abrasive, but I think everyone I know uses them on their boats. As far as the stain, I have used a paper towel dipped in bleach and left on the stain in the sun until it dries. I had the same thing from a towel and that was the only thing that worked.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bigredbaja
My wife had friends with us this weekend and one of them was wearing new suit with a black top that I guess she had not washed yet she got back in the boat after being in the lake and we headed off to lunch. So now I have a nice black dye stain right in the middle of my back seat. I tried simple green and magic erasers and that did not phase it, I bought a bottle of mildew/stain remover at the marina that had some bleach and with the little bit of magic eraser I had left was able to remove about 50% or the stain. I was thinking of trying chlorox laundry bleach with the magic eraser but I don't want to damage the upholstery. Anyone have any suggestions? the remaining stain is about the size and shape of a nerf football.
Same thing happened in my Talon. Unwashed red swimsuit on white interior. As others have said, nothing took it out completely except some time in the...
Attached Thumbnails removing dye stains on my bench seat-pic.jpg  
Old 08-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Krazy cleaner works great
MDR Krazy Clean Spray, 24 oz bottle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001448BLQ..._zdI0vb4ZSBZD7

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.