Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who's going to make it to the Fall Havasu Poker run???? >

Who's going to make it to the Fall Havasu Poker run????

Notices

Who's going to make it to the Fall Havasu Poker run????

Old 09-16-2002, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must have called LBR right after Rick32 and Tank...The lady I talked to said that I was the 3rd person to call in 10 minutes for rooms, and wanted to know who this SCOPE guy is.... All sold out there so it looks like we're staying at the Island Inn. I booked rooms there a couple of weeks ago because I forgot about LBR...

I'll see if I can leave extra early on Fri to meet up with you guys..

Did somebody say Nort's buying??
Old 09-16-2002, 06:18 PM
Registered

Talking

Tank & Paradigm,
Thanks for input. Yes, I've been to the Nautical many times in the past and know the sand well in the cove, if I can get in. I've got a 40 Hallett, but no front door (yet). We're staying at the Springs so will boat down for the drivers meeting and starting event. I think there will be a large crowd, so where do you park a 40 footer while this is going on?
Old 09-16-2002, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Hey Burt,

Thats funny you have a 40 Hallet. My friend I was talking about that got a slip in the marina last time has a 40 Hallet (with the door) as well that he bought from the owner of Hallet. It was all red with 575's and xr's (he just had it painted). He'll be at the poker run this time too. I think he got a slip again at the marina. I"m thinking this would be your best bet if you are planning on leaving it down there. If you are just planning on coming down for the day and the meeting, party etc. I'd have to say your best shot is getting it in at the cove. Or calling the marina now and seeing about getting a slip for just the day. Good luck. We'll see you out there.

Tank
Old 09-16-2002, 07:02 PM
Registered

I'm buying AGAIN? How do these rumors get started?
Old 09-16-2002, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Burt;
I agree getting to the drivers meeting is almost impossible if you do not stay at the Nautical. I think they should broadcast it on VHF or something so if you can't get to the beach you can still listen. I am still looking for a good way myself!
Old 09-16-2002, 10:17 PM
Registered

Tank, your friends forty (Crimson Lady) really looks nice with that new paint job. So far this will make three of the 40 Halletts; your friend, Fred Inman and myself. Theres going to be some serious color clash out there.
Thanks, I'll call tomarrow for a possible slip...
Old 09-17-2002, 12:34 PM
Registered

Hey Burt,

Many o’ big boats been known to squeeze in the Nautical Cove, just get there on Wednesday or Thursday. Set up a canopy and ladder, and oh yeah, barbed wire and a big ass rottweiler also help to save your spot

Looking forward to finally meeting some more of the OSO crowd.

Hey Tank, keep it up and you're gonna "tank" my job! Thanks for all the help

C2
Craig Bassham
AHBA, Promotions
Old 09-17-2002, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Todd,

I don't know what boat you'll be in so look for Kelly and I either in Jims 42 Yellow and green Tiger or Kevin's 35 Purple, yellow cafe Racer. Flag us down!

Nort,

You are ALWAYS BUYING!!! Of course that's after Rick pays up for the 4 times he's flaked out of the Yardhouse in the past!!!

Burt,

Do you know Ken and Joyce the owners of Crimson Lady?? They are super cool people. He just paid (a butt load) to have that thing painted. Came out nice. Is that yellow and blue 40 Hallet going to be there again too???

Craig,

Make the check out to "Tank Sears"
Hey bro, I'm just excited to get out there and hang with everyone. You guys do an excellent job every year and it just gets better and better! See you out there.

Tank
Old 09-17-2002, 01:28 PM
Registered

Tank, it must be rough....

"Hmmmm let's see......Do I want to ride on the Cafe' Racer or the Tiger today???"
Old 09-17-2002, 01:30 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Yeah ... What's up with that ... You need to take the Baja with big For Sale signs all over it. Then ..........

Quick Reply: Who's going to make it to the Fall Havasu Poker run????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.