Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st? >

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Notices

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Old 09-20-2002, 09:02 AM
DOCTOR DAVE

kaama, let me know if you want to ride along with me, be happy to have you along.
listened to the weather forcast for tomorrow am....rain clearing in afternoon highs in low 70's. this is still up in the air for tomorrow a.m. guess we will make the call in the morning

Old 09-20-2002, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the forecast from New buffalo to St. Joe. There is mention of rain.
SATURDAY
WEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST. PARTLY
SUNNY. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET.

Sunday temperature is 67. Too soon to know the waves. I guess we'll wait till latter and hope for the best.
Dan
Old 09-20-2002, 09:37 AM
MIKE S

Candyman, I run out of Michigan City. I boat mainly with Wet Vette out of LaPorte, IN. If the weather cooperates, waves not to big, I will probably run out of Michigan City in the morning up towards Portage and wait until I see you guys coming and then join in the run back to Michigan City. I am going to see if Check Freak wants to come along for the ride.

Old 09-20-2002, 09:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Steve A.K.A RAMPAGE
Dan,
if I start catching tooo much AIR she won't be letting me get close to anything with any HAIR on it for at least a month
Steve
I wouldn't want you touching my a** anyway!!!! LOL!
Old 09-20-2002, 09:57 AM
Registered

We are still planning to trailer down from S Haven to St Joe for the trip. If the seas are over 3 we'll probably bail out, my wife's back has been bothering her since the last time I drug her out in 3-5 footers.

Quiet Storm,

Is that your red Checkmate on the South side of the river just upstream of the bridge? If so we see it most days we go out.

Derek
Old 09-20-2002, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

If they're talking rain and strong winds that produce 3-5 footers then I would postpone the run until next weekend. The weather in my opinion is too unpredictable especially when people are coming from afar and when many of us are depending on good water conditions/weather for the return trip to each of our home ports.

Besides, if you still make the run a "go" and the weather still looks "iffy" most people don't want to chance it and you'll end up with a low turn out. My boat isn't going to be there either way so it really makes no difference to me.

Candyman, as far as weather/water conditions go---when are you officially going to "call" the event whether it's a "go" or "no go"???
Old 09-20-2002, 10:46 AM
Registered

KAAMA,
I'll be back home around 8:00 tonight. The group needs to make the call. I don't think we will run tomorrow. I know I won't bring my wife if we do. She likes those calm days. We need to see what Sunday's forecast is before we make a final decision. Next weekend is open for me. Let’s play it by ear. The lake is so unpredictable this time of year.

Dan
Old 09-20-2002, 11:18 AM
check freak

Thumbs up

Mike I'll come along for the ride. If the weather is ruff, we could always start up the bath tub and take it for a spin HA HA. I don't think we would be able to keep up. I guess if the big boys are going to run if the waves we could always meet them at Mateys by car.

Old 09-20-2002, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I just got off the phone with Doug "Pure Adrenaline" (35'Cig) and he and his wife are coming up from Indianapolis tonight despite poor weather conditions. He just wants to check things out up here and familiarize himself with the area and perhaps meet a few people whether they go boating or not---his wife prefers calmer waters as well...and they're not used to running in Lake Michigan---only been here once. I still plan on driving down to Michigan City and meet them there and go to Matey's for lunch. I have another boating friend that lives in Michigan City as well that owns a 38' KAAMA SE that he's putting #6's on.

Anyway, if we re-schedule this event for next weekend then I'm quite sure I will be able to participate given that my water tests turns out okay.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:09 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's not looking good so far.
Kaama you are right most people won't go if it's to Rough.

if it's 4 to 5's I won't go. I don't want to spill anything.

Mark

Quick Reply: Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.