Notices

How not to sell a boat

Old 09-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,472 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Your boat although priced fair still needs motors and exhaust, I considered buying it but was able to find a considerably faster hull a year newer with 1/2 as many hours with 100 hour hp 500 efis for just over 20,000 more, I was a cash buyer, didnt need to sell a boat to buy new one etc but simply passed for something turn key,I also found a 2 year newer turn key 33outlaw in mint condition with mag motors for 15,000 more than yours I passed on. Hulls without power are a hard sell unless someone has a pair of motors laying around that are ready to drop in. I DO appreciate your time though and after talking to you on the phone we WERE able to do business on the other parts you were selling which I thank you for, Smitty
Smitty, my post wasn't aimed at you, you and me are ok......................its these other Fu** Tards
Old 09-22-2015, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Navy
I talked to the seller (on the phone) looks like it is going to work out. He had family issues and did not reply to his emails over the weekend. Thanks for the advice guys.
Good to see I'm not the only one that jumps to conclusions!

Congrats on the new boat!!!
Old 09-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,284 Likes on 1,472 Posts

I talked to the seller (on the phone) looks like it is going to work out. He had family issues and did not reply to his emails over the weekend. Thanks for the advice guys.
Alexander Gram Bell did it bout 125 yrs ago, worked out pretty good for him, congrats
Old 09-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty happy about this one. I sold a 283 Convincor with a 525SC that I just loved, but I wanted something a little newer and since we don't sleep on the boat anymore-a MCOB. This boat fit. It has a 575sci and will be a little river rocket I hope.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

I do most of my work via email these days. Sometimes others who don't use email much, take a long time to reply. Stuff happens. Even people using email for 99% of their communication, can lag in response time. Email can be nerve wracking sometimes.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Smitty, my post wasn't aimed at you, you and me are ok......................its these other Fu** Tards
No, I didnt really think it was aimed at me but sometimes you are left wondering why someone passes when it seems a deal was close so I did want to go into further detail, Smitty
Old 09-23-2015, 12:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

I'm pretty happy about this one. I sold a 283 Convincor with a 525SC that I just loved, but I wanted something a little newer and since we don't sleep on the boat anymore-a MCOB. This boat fit. It has a 575sci and will be a little river rocket I hope.
You might as well just tow it straight over to my side pf the state and we can go beat it unmercifully together, IF its ready to blow better to pop it NOW and have all winter to rebuild it and upgrade!!!
Old 09-23-2015, 06:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 648 Likes on 305 Posts

Change the Head Gaskets if not done!!!
Old 09-23-2015, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
From my experience if you have to ask the seller a bunch of questions, it is in reality the seller's fault, not mine. If a seller takes proper pictures and gives a proper and accurate description it eliminates the majority of questions.

If a seller does a proper ad i should only have to ask 2 questions, when and where can I can see it and what is your bottom line cash today.

If I have to ask what year the boat it is (heck and sometimes even brand and model), what motor is in it, how many hours and can they send pics of the engines, cockpit and interior...that is the seller's fault, not mine.

It is simple, if sellers would take pictures and give an accurate description, at least to the level they would expect (or demand) if they were buying the boat..things would go much smoother.
On point!! I sold my Sunsation this summer, and the guy called me up from 6 hours away, "When can I come look at it?"

I asked him if he had any addition questions about the boat before he made the drive....

"Nope, your ad was so good, that anyone with more questions wouldn't know what they were asking about anyway"

My ad had a TON of pics, and a TON of info.....the stuff that I'd want if I were boat shopping (which I currently am, lol).
Old 09-23-2015, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought mine. The ad was kinda bad. I called the guy on the phone, and got a lot of info. Asked for more pics, and he sent me about 25 more pics, even crawled under the trailer to take bottom pics. I told him I knew it wasn't a brand new boat, but if I was the most picky guy in the world, what am I going to pick apart, then sat and listened to everything he told me. I drove 14hrs hoping it wasn't a waste of time. When I looked the boat It was everything the guy explained, maybe even better then what he said.

From the time I saw the boat online, till it was in my driveway was about 7 days. Honestly I think it didn't sell sooner was because the original add didn't have much info, or pictures. Good for me I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.