Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Seems like these two boats could merge into one great boat for 100K! >

Seems like these two boats could merge into one great boat for 100K!

Notices

Seems like these two boats could merge into one great boat for 100K!

Old 10-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope. We spoke to Jim's people about buffing/ polishing one of my friends canopies just to make it easier to see because they were slightly yellowish and were told they would have to be sanded down, and a bunch of stuff done just to remove the slight yellow it has. The windshield on this GTX is pretty much all full of spider cracks or whatever that's called.Still an awesome boat though and a windshield shouldn't be the main reason hold you back from doing this project IMO.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 298 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by SkaterMike82
Nope. We spoke to Jim's people about buffing/ polishing one of my friends canopies just to make it easier to see because they were slightly yellowish and were told they would have to be sanded down, and a bunch of stuff done just to remove the slight yellow it has. The windshield on this GTX is pretty much all full of spider cracks or whatever that's called.Still an awesome boat though and a windshield shouldn't be the main reason hold you back from doing this project IMO.
A lot of the windscreens and canopies you see on boats have a ton of crazing like this, and most of it is because the owners use a glass cleaner like Windex with ammonia in it, which should never be done.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
A lot of the windscreens and canopies you see on boats have a ton of crazing like this, and most of it is because the owners use a glass cleaner like Windex with ammonia in it, which should never be done.
tremendous amount of buildup.......gook all over, look at that! (end of clip)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY_uGAx3rxE
Old 10-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Jupiter sunsation!! That's great clip!
Old 10-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TomFTM View Post
would someone please go and buy that 47 GTX , my brain has been going for the last few days about it...I need that boat like a hole in the head...... I have some dry sump 6's and have a line on some 1075's....

What better to go with the 37 ??.... a 47............ you've got 30K of the hardware, get r dun

I know , not to mention I have 1550 bam trannies ,5 blade herrings , and the 1075's are come with exhaust and tails ...
Old 10-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
Jupiter sunsation!! That's great clip!
There are a few 80's movies that I know just about every line to......Fletch is one of them! (Ferris Bueller, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Caddyshack, No Man's Land (Charlie Sheen stealing 911's)......really taking up space in the brain!
Old 10-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,165 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by TomFTM
Quote Originally Posted by TomFTM View Post
would someone please go and buy that 47 GTX , my brain has been going for the last few days about it...I need that boat like a hole in the head...... I have some dry sump 6's and have a line on some 1075's....

What better to go with the 37 ??.... a 47............ you've got 30K of the hardware, get r dun

I know , not to mention I have 1550 bam trannies ,5 blade herrings , and the 1075's are come with exhaust and tails ...
Looks like ur all set, she'd make an awesome project
Old 10-07-2015, 01:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by TomFTM
Tom,
Go for it, then I won't be in the doghouse by myself, (being a (4) boat owner as of 2 weeks ago)!
Old 10-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

An old airplane owners trick. Use pledge to clean the windows. I believe pledge will also remove light yellowing on acrylic windshields and it also works on the plastic windows on convertibles.

Last edited by Canuck B Crazy; 10-07-2015 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added info