Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally >

Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally

Notices

Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally

Old 12-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,382 Posts

My 22-year-old son and his girlfriend are headed to the Saratoga Lodge after Christmas to give it a "test run." I'd have gone myself but I'm too damn busy getting this huge Speed On The Water print magazine ready for the printer.

On second thought, maybe my kid should hang back—he just graduated college with a degree in journalism—and help finish the magazine while I go on a fact-finding mission to the Saratoga Lodge.

OK, that won't work. I'm stuck in the rear with the gear.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Doc, send some of that cold and snow over this way !!

Crazy weather here in central New York, 60 degrees and no sign of cold or snow.

This event is a great opportunity for all powerboaters and FPC members to experience the mountains, the snow, and the sleds while surrounded by friends with many common interests.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Hey Doc, send some of that cold and snow over this way !!

Crazy weather here in central New York, 60 degrees and no sign of cold or snow.

This event is a great opportunity for all powerboaters and FPC members to experience the mountains, the snow, and the sleds while surrounded by friends with many common interests.
Snow has not been a problem in the Rocky Mountains this season.
A few shots from Saratoga this weekend,,,,, I burried the 4 wheeler,,,,,, and decided to stick to the Snowmobile for the rest of the season.

This event is only a month away,, and i heard there was a few rooms and snowmobiles left for this event

http://saratogaresortandspa.com/[ATTACH=CONFIG]549183[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549184[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549183[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549184[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally-saratoga-12-201.jpg   Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally-saratoga-december.jpg  
Old 01-11-2016, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default 2 weeks left before this Snowmobile Rally/Poker Run

The Wyoming Winter Season has been blessed with great snow , only 2 weeks before this event........[ATTACH=CONFIG]549529[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549530[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549531[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549532[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549533[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549534[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]549535[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally-atlantic-power-boat-flyer-compressed-.jpg   Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally-img_0759.jpg   Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally-img_0771.jpg  

Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally-img_0785.jpg   Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally-img_0786.jpg   Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally-img_0793.jpg  

Slots Filling For Atlantic Power Boat Association Snowmobile Poker Run And Rally-img_0797.jpg  
Old 01-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 3,041 Likes on 1,382 Posts

My son, Alex, and his girlfriend just returned from his Christmas holiday at Saratoga. Apparently, the accommodations were quite good—and the New Year's Eve party was over the top. He even got meet to my longtime friend Mike Griffiths of Mercury Racing, who was there with his wife.

He also managed to get a snowmobile seriously stuck but that, too, was an adventure. Next year, it's my turn ... but I'll wait till later in the month and go with the Atlantic crew. I grew up on dirt bikes and covered the personal watercraft market for a time so I've ridden all that stuff, but I hear sleds are like nothing else on the planet if you like acceleration.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
My son, Alex, and his girlfriend just returned from his Christmas holiday at Saratoga. Apparently, the accommodations were quite good—and the New Year's Eve party was over the top. He even got meet to my longtime friend Mike Griffiths of Mercury Racing, who was there with his wife.

He also managed to get a snowmobile seriously stuck but that, too, was an adventure. Next year, it's my turn ... but I'll wait till later in the month and go with the Atlantic crew. I grew up on dirt bikes and covered the personal watercraft market for a time so I've ridden all that stuff, but I hear sleds are like nothing else on the planet if you like acceleration.

This week we host the annual Snowmobile Poker Run for 150 miles over the continental divide of the snowy range, proceed support the Search & Rescue in the wilderness.

The following weekend (01-28-16), starts the Atlantic Powerboat Association Snowmobile rally/poker run. The Snowy Range in Wyoming has received over 5-6 feet of snow in the past couple of days, leading the platform for wonderful snowmobiling event. There are a few open spots for the winter enthusiasts desiring to enjoy: Snowmobile adventure in Wyoming Wilderness, Hot Springs, Fresh Microbrew, Spa, and a poker run/rally on snowmachines.

Getting Stuck and Stranded is a challenge,,, On a sad note……… unfortunate a family of 3, were lost in the Snowy Range while snowmobiling this past weekend. They went missing Saturday. Search & Rescue found the Father Monday, and Son found Tuesday alive and Mother was found dead .

Snowmobiling in the wilderness is an incredible experience, but similar to power boating requires safety, planning and experience

The details:

http://www.kgwn.tv/home/headlines/Se...vice=phone&c=y

http://www.wyomingnews.com/news/arti...b5234d1cd.html
Old 01-20-2016, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that is a tragedy , show that you must be prepared in an unpredictable environment.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We never leave without avy probes beacons, and garmin rinos , probably better options now on the garmins , but they were sure nice with track back , two way radio that you could ping your buddy and see location relative to yourself, if separated.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by buck35
We never leave without avy probes beacons, and garmin rinos , probably better options now on the garmins , but they were sure nice with track back , two way radio that you could ping your buddy and see location relative to yourself, if separated.
Agree, Safety equipment in the backcountry is critical.
What is amazing, is these riders, were from Wyoming, and understood mother nature and the rapid change in weather patterns,,,
Very sad outcome, from a recreational sport
Old 01-20-2016, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

True enough, like on the water things can happen in an instant. My group came upon a fellow on day who was following group and lost it on a steep hill and had his head pinned in snow, unconscious, we lifted the sled off him made sure he was ok and followed him back to the warming cabin. He'd have been dead in a couple more minutes. Later I tweeked my knee and also went to cabin and he was not ok, I always wondered about him but we were 5 or 6 hundred miles from home and never heard a word , so hoped for the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.