Baja, Donzi and Fountain Add Dealers

Notices

Baja, Donzi and Fountain Add Dealers

Old 11-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,943 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Default Baja, Donzi and Fountain Add Dealers

Good news for the folks at Baja Marine and its new dealers, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...in-add-dealers

Congratulations to all.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully it's a start for fountain..... They need to get a new boat out in the market to generate some interest. Maybe a 42 lightning....

Tough to buy something when they haven't built a performance boat in a 4-5 years. People need to see the finished product in the marketplace since Reggie left
Old 11-14-2015, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Baja is the lowest cost offering of the three brands, I don't think it is wise to make it the name of the "parent company ".

I just see them having a difficult time getting new buyers to pay premium prices for a Donzi or Fountain when they are made in the same factory by the same folks with the same methods.

I think they would be best off selling the Fountain and Donzi names and molds, Bajas will always sell as a great bang for your buck model.

Good luck to the new dealers
Old 11-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,161 Likes on 496 Posts

I think the best way to sell boats is to carry stock.
Think back when these brands were the hottest thing on the planet and a network of dealers could show you something real, maybe a demo unit but certainly more than just a computer image and a brochure on a pdf file.

In 2015, I'm dreaming to think that will happen again. Costs have spiraled and the economy is uncertain at best. It's gonna take someone with a big bank balance and a giant pair of onions to try to replicate what happened 10-15 years ago.

Short of just throwing huge money into the ring, I don't know how to do it but these are three very well respected boats, all of them have a special appeal, I'd love to see them flourishing once again.

Fountain still show on their homepage that the new 29 will be displayed at Fort Lauderdale. Failing to meet their promise and preview the boat is one thing but they haven't even corrected their website. Doesn't sit well for a potential buyer considering a high end luxury purchase.

Just my opinion,

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 11-14-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:56 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Is that Craig Barrie driving the Baja?