Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands >

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Notices

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Old 12-31-2015, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab kv
Apparently it's hard to see 14 LED brake lights when you're playing with your phone.
I was going to say toy don't have enough chicken lights. You need those back doors like a reliable trailer. The guy would have thought he head on'do someone. Lol
Old 12-31-2015, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
f_in phones .... I would rather be behind a drunk driver
Texting. The new drunk driving
Old 12-31-2015, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ham_r_down01
I was going to say toy don't have enough chicken lights. You need those back doors like a reliable trailer. The guy would have thought he head on'do someone. Lol
Even with 273 candles lit at night or glistening chrome in the daylight, people pull out in front of me like they have a death wish.
I run a GoPro on the dash, just for my own defense and hope I never need it.
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands-fb_img_1451600297646.jpg   Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands-fb_img_1451600447906.jpg   Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands-fb_img_1451600640059.jpg  

Old 01-01-2016, 12:09 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great looking truck. I just sold all my trucks and equipment recently. Mostly sterling vocationals but had a Pete day cab and just had purchased a 09 KW W900 day cab long nose. That was the cats ass of a truck. 550 cummins with an 18 speed with only 150,000 on the odo.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations of your super cool 38 KV! This is of course witout doubt the original boat. However, I run a powerboat business in Norway, and here I have a boat that supposedly is also one boat that participated in the series... I want to really know if this is true or not. The owner told me he had checked with wellcraft and that there were really more boats than just one. Wether this is true or not, is something I do not know, but it would be great to get some input from you guys who obviously have more info than what I have. The reason why I myself might believe in this, is that when looking at many pictures on google from the series, it appears that the radar arch sometimes have equipment and sometimes not. It is also painted silver and sometimes white. The boat I have here in Norway has the fade changing color on the side of the arch, and the rest is white. It has not much more than a nav light on it. Another thing is that to capture and record the footage for the series, the cameras had to be mounted in several different locations on the boat. I have been told that "our" boat over here was the "camera boat" where they shoot the camera backwars filming Tubbs and Crockett driving the boat. If you look closely on my photos, there are some kind of mounting brackets that none really know what is for... (maybe for cameras?) I find it somehow interesting to check if our boat really has been in the series or not. The boat was bought by a Norwegian late 1986 and brought to Norway straight after. It had scoops back then over the engines. Later a sunpad have been put on, not as good looking but maybe more practival. This boat also have a golden (brass?) plate on the dash stating "Scarab 38 KV. Build "expressly" (can you say that or is it a bad translation!?) by Wellcraft". Is this original or not? Yours does not have it. I wonder if this has been retrofitted in America or Norway... It looks pretty original with the Wellcraft logo/font and everything... It is also said that there is another one in Germany or Finland... I don't know if this is true or not. As you can see from the hull number, it is a 1986 model year (maybe build in 1985 who knows?). I am told that the series were recorded not after 1986, so all later boats can not have been participating in the episodes anyway.

I don't want to "disrupt your thread" which my first sentence clearly shows. I just want to hear from someone who know.

I was also told by a reputable guy in US powerboat industry that in January 2015 (when I was with him) the original boat belonged to a big Toyota dealer in North Carolina. Is that true? Did you buy it form him?

Thak you,
Erik

Last edited by Yamaha 225; 01-01-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Registered

By the way, how do I upload the pictures? Can't find the "manahge attachments" button... Or can I post a dropbox-link?
Old 01-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, Wayne...just saw this. That sucks I'm familiar with 12 Guage Customs, and they do amazing work. If I can help get anything from them to you across the border just let me know.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 490 Posts

I think you can put a link to a Dropbox but I'm not sure how that works.

For about $25 you can have a paid membership and you'll get a 'manage attachment' option that works pretty well and simple to follow, even I can do it!

Interesting story, pictures would be great and I'm sure some of the guys here will be able to help with answers.

RR
Old 01-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Registered

The hull number is WELP1136G586 380. According to Wikipedia, Don Johnson was a powerboat enthusiast, who let the Michael Man (director of the series) use his own boat for the series, a 38KV. After the success in the series, Wellcraft gave Don Johnson a new identical boat. After the series was over, Wellcraft made 100 boat in "Miami Vice -Edition". But that have to be later than 87/88 when the series was over. If our hull number ends with 86 (I guess that is the build or model year?) I guess it is possible that it can be one of the two?!
Old 01-02-2016, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Crocketts biggest bust yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.