Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands >

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Notices

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Old 02-16-2016, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
another one of the most iconic Scarabs ever . . . . .

I've also notice that whenever the owners speak of the MV Scarab in this thread it is as if it is the only one. As in " the original Miami Vice boat" . . . . . :confused" . . . .
Man that is an awesome pic, thanks for the info and the pic glassdave.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:26 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bino
I almost want to apologize for him in some strange way. That being said, I'm sure everyone on this thread including myself are glad you are the gentleman that ended up with this boat. Please excuse my ignorance, but who is Betty Cook and what is, or what does KAAMA stand for?
Myself I want to know the true history and look so forward to following the restoration. Do you plan to use the boat or what are your plans? I would like to see the boat before and after. Like a lot of people on this tread, that boat is what in maybe a small way got me started in this sport. I wish you the very best in your project and hope you enjoy every minute which I'm sure you will.
Betty was a prominent racer in the late 70s and early 80s. Betty and her husband Paul developed a surface drive that they named KAAMA and her boat was named the same. Prior to Betty's success and popularity, the flat deck version of the 377 was only available to race programs. When it was made available to general orders, it was given the model designation 377 KAAMA Version. When the 377 was given the nod for Vice, it under went some cosmetic changes and renamed 38 KV ( KAAMA Vice ) in recognition of Betty's KAAMA and the Vice program. Our boat and Star 1 are technically 377s. The hulls must've already been laid up when they were designated for the show, because they still have the 377 cabin layout, cabin doors and deck hatch location. As far as I can tell, ours may be the last hull built as a 377.
Our plan is to occasionally run the boat, and take it to public events.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Checked out his site. Definitely a tool. Sad that the boat will be exploited for nothing more than personal ego and a few passing attempts to get laid.

Once his schtick runs cold, perhaps he'll sell it for less than the perceived value
You mean to tell me a boat can get me laid?
Old 02-17-2016, 02:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bino
What is the website?
http://miamivice38kv.com/
Old 02-17-2016, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab kv
B. The hulls must've already been laid up when they were designated for the show, because they still have the 377 cabin layout, cabin doors and deck hatch location. .
Wayne are you talking about the different deck hatches with the older ones being a 4 bar design and the newer ones being the 3 bar design? Or was there an change in the location of the deck hatches?
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands-825.jpg   Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands-3-bar-deck-hatch.jpg  

Last edited by phughes69; 02-17-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phughes69
Wayne are you talking about the different deck hatches with the older ones being a 4 bar design and the newer ones being the 3 bar design? Or was there an change in the location of the deck hatches?
Both Patrick.
When they made the changes, the 377 cabin was replaced with the cabin from the soon to be discontinued Raider. The hatches had to be moved 12" forward to accommodate a bulkhead.
At that point they changed the style of hatch to the three bar with a tapered edge.

Last edited by scarab kv; 02-17-2016 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Wayne, you are a true aficionado of these boats. How did you find this information out? Id like to know how many Turbo Scarabs Wellcraft made. I have only seen 2 and a potential third one that someone took the turbos off.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarab kv
You mean to tell me a boat can get me laid?
No, it won't help U!!!
Old 02-17-2016, 01:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phughes69
Wayne, you are a true aficionado of these boats. How did you find this information out? Id like to know how many Turbo Scarabs Wellcraft made. I have only seen 2 and a potential third one that someone took the turbos off.
A lot of questions to the right people, staring at pictures way too long and it helps to have two examples parked side by side in the shop lol
This old Raider brochure filled in some blanks.
Yup...I need a life

[ATTACH=CONFIG]551136[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands-scan0001.jpg  
Old 02-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
No, it won't help U!!!
Can't hurt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.