Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands >

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Notices

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Old 02-18-2016, 10:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The restoration on star 1 was done in 2002, I did the fiberglass and paint work, I think Tom did an amazing restoration, this was prior to these boats being recognized as a celebrity status. Lots of changes, and impossible to match probably the worst fade of Imron, I have ever scene. I think the way I did the fade blends and looks more modern. I have The Betty Cook Scarab in my shop now, this restoration will be more correct to the time period, then the Star 1 restoration. Good luck to all restorations in progress, this is were the offshore boat was created, and Hopefully remembered for years to come
Old 02-18-2016, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
not sure if this has been covered but how many Stingers were there and have any actually been located?
There were five total including the White one with no arch in the pilot. As far as I know, only one is confirmed as a known survivor.
Below is a link to an interview with Todd Cimino from a Chris Chraft news letter, about Chris Craft's involvement with Vice.
Todd was a marine coordinator on Vice for 104 of the 111 episodes. He's been very generous in answering any show related questions I've ever had about the Scarabs and recently helped identify the second camera boat from season 2.
Some of you may have read his novel, Mid Ocean

http://www.chriscraftstingers.com/ne...une%202014.pdf
Old 02-18-2016, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chefke
The restoration on star 1 was done in 2002, I did the fiberglass and paint work, I think Tom did an amazing restoration, this was prior to these boats being recognized as a celebrity status. Lots of changes, and impossible to match probably the worst fade of Imron, I have ever scene. I think the way I did the fade blends and looks more modern. I have The Betty Cook Scarab in my shop now, this restoration will be more correct to the time period, then the Star 1 restoration. Good luck to all restorations in progress, this is were the offshore boat was created, and Hopefully remembered for years to come
Hey Chris
The paint was still looking great. Can't wait to see the progress on KAAMA
Old 02-19-2016, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Chris.....Tell Tom he needs to get you a ticket down to Miami for the next boat show in 2017.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 968 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
not sure if this has been covered but how many Stingers were there and have any actually been located?
Hey Dave

Just thought of this

When I 1st moved to Naples in 84 they had a 39 Chris. Craft that was running around here painted all gray that the had US Customs running it.

Wonder if it was possibly the Vice boat that maybe Chris donated after the show.

Got real close look at it one day when he ran me down after my buddy in his Magnum missile and I in my boat raised a little too much Hell back n Vanderbilt Lagoon and the canals.

They are Hogs but they are a cool icon, hate to see all these old boats get cut up.

Last edited by tommymonza; 02-20-2016 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phughes69
Wayne are you talking about the different deck hatches with the older ones being a 4 bar design and the newer ones being the 3 bar design? Or was there an change in the location of the deck hatches?
Patrick, here's a good side by side comparison.
Guess I should've cleaned up the deck before the pic.
Had to sit outside six weeks before we rearranged the shop for winter storage.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]551325[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands-20160220_182352.jpg  
Old 02-21-2016, 11:51 AM
Registered

And the difference in the rake and height of the season 2 arches and the KVs to follow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]551327[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands-20151121_231201.jpg  
Old 02-21-2016, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Did the season 2 boat use the forward facing arch that was on option on the 377's? The top of the arch does not look parallel to the deck like the arch on you Snap On boat does.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phughes69
Did the season 2 boat use the forward facing arch that was on option on the 377's? The top of the arch does not look parallel to the deck like the arch on you Snap On boat does.
That's the one
Old 02-22-2016, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab kv
That's the one
When do plan to start restoration or have you already?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.