Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands >

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Notices

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Old 12-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 758 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
does anyone know what happened to the Stingers used in the pilot episode and then season 1? How cool would it be to own an original show used Scarab AND a Stinger!! All this MV talk make me break out the DVDs last night! I also bought a Smith & Wesson 4506 which is the gun Crockett carried in Season 5. The Bren 10 is very hard to come by though!
" Cool Runnin' " was on over lunch today on Esquire!
Old 12-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
" Cool Runnin' " was on over lunch today on Esquire!
Esquire is running several Vice episodes today. They just did Calderone's Return. Right now is the Great McCarthy. They are airing episodes until 5pm pacific.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone know what happened to the Stingers used in the pilot episode and then season 1? How cool would it be to own an original show used Scarab AND a Stinger!! All this MV talk make me break out the DVDs last night! I also bought a Smith & Wesson 4506 which is the gun Crockett carried in Season 5. The Bren 10 is very hard to come by though!
The 4506 is great. If you run out of bullets, you can beat someone with it.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 632 Likes on 257 Posts

Tubbs looked like he was hating that boat ride. The flipped footage for the ride home was a little cheesy.

If you looked real close at the end where they were sending Carl derones daughter off in the car the 50 cary can be seen in the background.

The island they were on was actually st croix in the carribean.

Last edited by tommymonza; 12-10-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
The 4506 is great. If you run out of bullets, you can beat someone with it.
LOL, yes it is quite the heavy gun!! I tried carrying it once in a hip holster and it literally pulled my pants down!! But is sure is a nice firing reliable pc.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, yes it is quite the heavy gun!! I tried carrying it once in a hip holster and it literally pulled my pants down!! But is sure is a nice firing reliable pc.
lol I'll open carry on late night storage visits. Gotta tie that belt tight!
Old 12-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab kv
There were two boats from each model year over four seasons.
Two 86's for season 2, two 87's for seasons 3/4 and two 88's for season 5.
The season 2 boats had 400 Cyclones and the remainder had 420s.
Both boats were required to be on location when ever boat scenes were filmed, so the crew named them Stars 1&2 to keep them straight on the radios. Knowing the significance of the numeral 2 on the transom is what sealed the deal on the boat.
If you watch close, you will see significant differences in the sister boats during episodes.
Our boat and Star 1 were the most noticeable.
Due to ours having butterfly hatches, there are rails between the intakes, the color fades on the hatches were opposite, upper cabin doors had different logos and one had dry exhaust verses wet on the other.
Season 3/4 was a little more subtle. The Scarab name moved back and forth on the fairing between episodes.
Colors changed over the seasons.
Season 2 boats had the pastel colors that most of the Edition boats mimic with the Aqua deck and color fades stripes on the deck, arch and hatches that matched the hull stripe.
Season 3/4 went dark with Silver hull and deck. The deck stripes were changed to Black along with a matching stripe between the blower intakes. Color fades was removed from the intakes and arch and spot lights were added.
Season 5 went back to an Aqua deck, an arrow head was added to the tip of the deck stripe, Black stripe added to the arch, the Black stripe between the intakes was removed and the color fades was added back to the intakes again.
In all, there were six screen used boats, one loaner boat from each model year for Don Johnson and 33 edition boats for a total of 42 Vice related boats.
These models give a great example of the variations between seasons listed above.
One of our contributing editors to the fb page built these
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands-mv-kv-models-12-.jpg   Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands-mv-kv-models-13-.jpg  

Last edited by scarab kv; 12-11-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tommymonza

The island they were on was actually st croix in the carribean.
I'm actually surprised Vice was filmed in Miami. Most shows that take place in Miami now day's are actually filmed in California. Even CSI Miami.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Canuck B Crazy
I'm actually surprised Vice was filmed in Miami. Most shows that take place in Miami now day's are actually filmed in California. Even CSI Miami.
Some of the sound stage stuff was done in LA
Old 12-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarab kv
Some of the sound stage stuff was done in LA
Didn't know that. But makes sense. One of the reasons Vancouver is a major production center is we built a lot of support infrastructure back in the 1980's, like soundstages, etc. Florida doesn't have much. Little unrelated to Vice. CBS moved the location of Magnum PI to Hawaii, it was originally to take place in Beverly Hills. They built a sound stage there for Hawaii Five O. They tried selling the soundstage but had no interest. So they kept it and filmed Magnum there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.