Notices

Pacific Marine Center

Old 01-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacific Marine Center

Has anyone had any experience with Pacific Marine Center in Madera, CA? Looking to possibly buy a boat from them and was hoping some OSO members that are aware of this shop could provide some feedback? They seem like good people can anyone confirm? (1,800 mile trip for me)
Old 01-04-2016, 06:32 AM
Registered

I was there yesterday and purchased a 292 Formula. Very nice, down to earth people. I am from Oregon and flew in, and Staci picked me up at the airport. It is only a 10-15 minute drive. Jack, the owner, was great to deal with. There were a couple small things I wanted done, and he was very accommodating. The dealership itself is well equipped and clean, but not over the top to where you think you are paying for a lot of fluff. I almost drove down, but decided to fly. Glad I did as I probably would not have brought the boat home, even though I bought it. California will charge sales tax unless you have a third party deliver it, which I will have done. Jack has a company he uses and will arrange for transport.
So far I am pleased. I wish I could say the same about United Airlines. Good luck!
Old 01-04-2016, 08:13 AM
Registered

Thanks for the reply. Purchased my tickets the other night will be out there next week. Enjoy the new boat!!
Old 01-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Registered

I plan to! It will probably still be there when you arrive, as I am waiting for the weather to clear before dragging it over the Sierras. One thing for sure, it will be warmer than Minnesota.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you after?
Old 01-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Registered

Is your Formula listed on their site as of yet? I am eyeing up the PQ silencer they have. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Love boat shopping when we have four months here before the ice is off!

Good luck with your travels and congrats on the new boat!
Old 01-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Registered

Yes, it has been on there a while. It is the only Formula on the lot, I think. The boat is white with red striping and red trailer. I looked up the PQ, nice! When are you flying out?

Last edited by dp9650; 01-04-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:51 AM
Registered

Darren btw checked out your formula when we were there very nice. When is delivery scheduled for?
Old 01-18-2016, 08:38 AM
Registered

Whenever the weather opens up. Jack was understanding and said it could sit on the lot till things work out with Mother Nature. I have to bring it though the Sierras, so it is a matter of when the the systems coming in let up for a while. It is about 700 miles. I think my son is going to pick it up as the "third" party to avoid the California sales tax. Spring arrives here a little sooner than in your neck of the woods, so I hope we get a chance to take it out in late April or early May. Unfortunately, it is a very busy time on the farm, so we'll see.

Good luck with your new purchase.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey Bent! How ya been? I hope the PQ works out for you :-)