Notices

Talon upgrades?

Old 02-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Talon upgrades?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]550524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]550525[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]550526[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]550527[/ATTACH]I have now owned the former Out of Bounds race boat for two years and have been making small changes. I have smoothed out the hatches by removing the scoops. They were not needed with the lower profile whipple motors. This winter new cockpit windows were cut in to add some visibility for the passengers. I now need some ideas as to how to address the white oval that was the background for Steve Neeley's #55 when the boat was raced. Probably will go with a vinyl decal. Any ideas. I will post some before and after photos. Thanks Doug
Attached Thumbnails Talon upgrades?-image.jpg   Talon upgrades?-image.jpg   Talon upgrades?-image.jpg  

Talon upgrades?-image.jpg  
Old 02-04-2016, 10:33 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

love that boat . . . . for obvious reasons

The one i raced was Nealys boat before this one. As i understand it your has a wider tunnel or something like that
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with Ryan Beckley, Kinetic Animation in Sarasota. He can design a decal that will make your grafics blend together over the oval. Just a thought? Great looking Talon... Bill
Old 02-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The easy thing to do is a green 37 which flows with the graphics. That said, you can put a big ole' man member in that thing and I'd still be down for a ride! Really cool boat.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Ing
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Integrate the name of the boat or your fav number onto a black and white checkerboard background that matches with the checkerboard styling on the aft deck.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Glad to see your still enjoying it Doug. The pics of the motor swap were unreal. Super sanitary. Just curious what does she run with new power now if you don't mind sharing. Friends 36 skater ran 160+ ( we ran out of lake (Norman)literally) still accelerating with Moonyham blown 565s' with 17x41 thin labbed herrings with single digit slip numbers. It should have run close to 180. I would put 37 in the spot unless you have a lucky number. Enjoy. I am. I have run the last three weekends in a row! Bob
Old 02-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I will contact Ryan and get his ideas. I don't know the absolute top end. The Talon is faster than the 140 mph Gps speedo. I am really happy with the handling and performance. How about something like the Pantera eyes?
Attached Thumbnails Talon upgrades?-image.jpg