Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater >

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Notices

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Old 10-25-2017, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 23 Posts

The video is on Youtube. Here's hoping the commentary at the end is not an indication of the overall problem.

Major dedication Tyson!
Old 10-25-2017, 10:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TxHawk
The video is on Youtube. Here's hoping the commentary at the end is not an indication of the overall problem.

Major dedication Tyson!
link?
Old 10-25-2017, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Did I miss a video? ^^^
You must not be as much of a stalker.

Here is the video. Sorry I didn't post it earlier but I have been busy today. Thank you for the people that watched it for not posting link so I could.

Last edited by BigSilverCat; 10-25-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
https://youtu.be/8zegGFszRL0

You must not be as much of a stalker.

Here is the video. Sorry I didn't post it earlier but I have been busy today. Thank you for the people that watched it for not posting link so I could.

https://youtu.be/8zegGFszRL0
The last one worked, Looked Good, Thank-you

One heck of a project, Awesome amount of work and dedication.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
Wondering the same...first pic has the Tabs indicator to the moon.
I have not mounted the tabs yet. When I had arnesons there was no place to put the tabs but now that I have 8's I am going to put the tabs on it but have not had the time yet. I have not hooked up the drive indicators either, that's why there all the way up also.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Hope the engine issue is not a big set back for you. One thing to note though...that windshield does one heck of a job. I did not see any buffeting on you when running. Passenger's hoody didn't move.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:13 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,279 Likes on 1,469 Posts

Composure on that video is remarkable. 1:45 on.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Finally, the video that OSO has been waiting for!! Good to see her on the water despite the conditions.
Looked like a pretty large RFP spike (judging by the roost) at the 1:53 mark right prior to the engine noise.
Hoping its something minor.
Thanks for sharing Tyson.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
Hope the engine issue is not a big set back for you. One thing to note though...that windshield does one heck of a job. I did not see any buffeting on you when running. Passenger's hoody didn't move.
Yes the windshield works really good. We left the windshield taller then most because of my suspension seats. We sit higher to have the 8" of travel in the seat. With the seats up we are about the same distance below the edge that someone would be at in a normal skater but for some reason the little bit higher/longer windshield deflects the air better. If you notice the seatbelts in the back are just hanging and not blowing around at all.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:09 PM
Registered

One thing we did not think of when we moved the turbo to the side instead of it being behind the engine was the hatch actuator. I had measured to make sure the hatch actuator would clear but I never measured or even thought about it after we finished the engines. I used a longer bolt to move it farther forward but it still was touching when its all the way up and it hits the engine more the lower the hatch goes. If you notice in the video the hatches are up that was part of the reason. I would have ran with them up to start with anyways just to be able to look the engines over real quick or fix any major leaks, ect. quick, but I would have eventually lowered them. It does not sound like a big problem to move the actuator but they are through bolted which means paint work ect.
Attached Thumbnails Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-hatch-actuator.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-hatch-actuator-2.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-hatch-actuator-3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.