Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater >

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Notices

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Old 03-14-2016, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Damn, I wish you guys would pay attention!!!

For the hundredth time, they are NOT stripes, the boat is so fast strips of paint flew right off!!!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I think "awesome" project is not using the best adjective, but thank you very much for sharing the details of this incredible effort.
When I saw the shark fin, the first thing I thought is that it made a logical anchoring point for a tether while working on/around the transom at sea.
Then I wondered, would even want to be attached to the boat when doing something such as changing a prop in the open ocean???
Old 03-14-2016, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great thread!! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
Tristan standing on the deck.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]552204[/ATTACH]
How long has the actual build been? It was about here that it dawned on me that this has been your avatar for quite some time. Lol.
Definitely one of the best threads ive seen here and it has barely gotten started! As stated earlier I'm sure that many of us can live vicariously through the build and pursuit of records !
Old 03-14-2016, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
I think "awesome" project is not using the best adjective, but thank you very much for sharing the details of this incredible effort.
When I saw the shark fin, the first thing I thought is that it made a logical anchoring point for a tether while working on/around the transom at sea.
Then I wondered, would even want to be attached to the boat when doing something such as changing a prop in the open ocean???
We have an attach point in front of the shark fin and will have a harness on to get in the engine compartment to work on them that will not have enough length to let us fall out the back of the boat. The same harness and tether length should work good hooked to the tow eye on the back to change props.

During the Bermuda challenge we had live video and people were watching it and all the sudden we stopped and you see chris jump overboard, People were like what the hell just happened? It was funny to see what people said on some of the forums. Then at night the camera was pretty dark and we broke another prop and people were saying I don't know what is happening but I see something shinny and a big wrench.

Last edited by BigSilverCat; 03-14-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 520 Likes on 309 Posts

Earlier, about the mold being guidecoated. does Pete block it smooth before spraying Gel?
Old 03-14-2016, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

I love the color combo but why not go with some bright colors that stand out instead of blending into the environment?
Old 03-15-2016, 01:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
I love the color combo but why not go with some bright colors that stand out instead of blending into the environment?
Pirates?
Old 03-15-2016, 03:27 AM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
It's the look I wanted.
And We will be taking it To some military shows, if we had painted it a different color it would probably just have been plain white so it would not get hot.

We will have plenty of signaling devices if we are broke down to where color would not help much more.

If we are running, pirates would be able to see the rooster tail no matter what the color of boat, but we can out run them. If we're broke down we may not want them to see us.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really awesome thread guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.