Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater >

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Notices

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Old 03-17-2016, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
Here is a video of the suspension going up and down. The fenders are twisting because they are bolted to the torsion arms. notice the distance from the tire to fender does not change.

https://youtu.be/TP3tooitX7Q
Now that we see you have video skills no more still pics, all video w/ narration please!

It appeared you were lowering & raising all 4 at the same time.
There's enough travel to get a wheel & tire off the ground w/ the weight of the boat on the trailer?
Our race haulers still require a jack to change the tire even if we dump the air bags. Just lightens the load a bit.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure he can dump all 4 at the same time or lift one at a time. Therefore 3 axles should easily hold the boat and trailer up to have one axle clear the ground.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Tyson had stated that it was just difficult to judge the travel when raising & lowering all 4 at 1 time.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Since the axles have self leveling, when we pick one up the others will compensate and the ride height will be the same, that will give us the travel to pull one off the ground.

And we are not only dumping the air, we have a vacuum pump and tank and were lifting the wheel off the ground
Old 03-17-2016, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Right, cause the fenders don't move. The tire and fender gap never changes. Only the height of the frame moves. Guess I'm missing something, he said that all 4 axles were lift axles as well I thought?
Old 03-17-2016, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollin1405
Right, cause the fenders don't move. The tire and fender gap never changes. Only the height of the frame moves. Guess I'm missing something, he said that all 4 axles were lift axles as well I thought?
When I say lift the axles I mean the end of the axle where the wheels are. The axles are welded to the frame solid.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Tyson this is the most impressive well thought out build I have seen. Thank you for sharing. Anyone ever questioning the true pioneer and visionary in performance cat design and production should have few questions after seeing what you and Pete have accomplished in this build.

Good luck on all your endeavors and I would love to help anytime anywhere if you need additional crew.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skate
Tyson this is the most impressive well thought out build I have seen. Thank you for sharing. Anyone ever questioning the true pioneer and visionary in performance cat design and production should have few questions after seeing what you and Pete have accomplished in this build.

Good luck on all your endeavors and I would love to help anytime anywhere if you need additional crew.
Well said....the thought, engineering, and craftsmanship makes this revolutionary. It's not just another rich guy building a boat to go fast for 20 minutes, park it at the dock so people can tell him how cool it is.....but the damn thing can't make it from Miami to Key West without getting fuel or breaking down.....this beast is made to get it done to the max.

Sign me up too. Tyson knows this boat forwards and backwards now since he built it. His ability to troubleshoot and correct problems will be unrivaled by any other boat owner. This is a boaters boat. This thing will be able to do anything anywhere.....in the world!
Old 03-17-2016, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 153 Likes on 67 Posts

I agree, this is something special. I think even more so then any of us comprehend or realize at this very moment.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea can you do my trailer next!

How come you didn't go with a gooseneck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.