Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater >

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Notices

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Old 03-21-2016, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
The reason no one ever saw them again was because we broke them. They sent them to me to try, they made it 3 minuites getting engine warmed up then floored it for about 5 seconds and I broke them. They did not make anymore of them. The only cool thing about them was when you through a blade it was not as out of balance from the light weight.

I doubt they flexed, we did not run long enough to check prop slip.
Were they machined or chem milled? Ti is its own happy little creature as far as making parts goes. My old roommate and racing partner was a senior engineer at chemtronix. I used to give him a hard time "its not rocket science, so you cant do it" lol If you want to play with Ti anymore, I cant hook you up with him, he's retired and somewhat bored......
Old 03-21-2016, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

Hey Tyson best of luck on this Great Adventure and potential conquer. I am knot a metallurgists, but from what I understand about Titanium, It is a great mix when used in specific applications. As far as wheels go, to much spread of a load for its characteristics to support what is expected in a propeller that needs to flex over many cycles. Thus blade mass would need to increase.. As far as valve spring retainers strength vs weight they work well but material is slightly thicker but constantly loaded never a free wheeled collision, so to speak. in a smaller vector of geometry. Load VS Leverage, How is the rotary engine project going? Say Hi to Jim hug Tristan and don't break a foot lol. jj

Last edited by I'CE; 03-21-2016 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I drilled holes in the trim ram bolts to cotter pin them. And this bolt is for the steering ram, I could not find a bolt that fit it as tight as I wanted so I machined this bolt from a piece of stainless bar stock.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]552699[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]552700[/ATTACH]
I really hope you are not a dick in real life because right now I think you are the coolest.... And it would break my heart to hear otherwise.. lol.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchie
I really hope you are not a dick in real life because right now I think you are the coolest.... And it would break my heart to hear otherwise.. lol.
That depends on if you owe me money.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Hah..he changed his sign on!!
Old 03-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

Tyson is a good guy!!
Old 03-22-2016, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchie
Not knowing BigSilverCat personally, I believe I met him once on the docks of H.toad by his boat during skaterfest. He seemed like your normal boater. So keep on admiring lol
Old 03-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Bwahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!
Old 03-22-2016, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Haaaaaa
Old 03-23-2016, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What's a couple bucks between friends? LOL Trust me... I'll never ask you for a dime.. But I might buy you a beer and ask for a ride in that beautiful boat!

Seriously... Thanks for this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.