Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater >

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Notices

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Old 04-11-2016, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
We have many paint resources here but logistically it probably wouldn't make sense. A wrap would be a good solution just know that the jams of most of your compartments will still show white. You can line all the jams w/ black electrical tape as a quick fix?
That is why I would rather not wrap it, the door jams ect. Would stick out really bad. And the quotes I have on wrapping it were more then painting it.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Tyson
Just curious if you guys are installing a centerfuge system that separates water from the fuel? A lot of yachts use them when traveling the globe as it eliminates fuel issues due to water/debris from smaller countries etc.

Not sure what the additional weight/size would be?
Just a thought.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Wraps are good on flat surfaces and pretty durable but beyond that they tend to shrink and the edges lift. Wrapping race cars works fine b/c they are only installed a week & aren't exposed to the elements for months and months.

I want to believe we just paid $7500-8000ea to have our tractors painted. They are brand new & came white from Freightliner. The paint shop disassembled the bodies & painted all the jams. They did a nice job w/ them.
We don't have the large storage box but we do have drone boxes w/ generators above them that resemble your storage box (the trailer lounges now have slideouts on the front) but I had those wrapped in the interest of time and simplicity (would have to be removed from the 5th wheel area then transported somewhere to be painted, then reinstalled, instead they were just moved from 1 truck to another).

We also run super single tires on the tractor & trailer to save weight, you don't have that issue.
Attached Thumbnails Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-img_4598.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-img_4599.jpg  

Last edited by NASCAT; 04-11-2016 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:11 AM
Registered

PS- can the wife real drive the rig?
Yes, and she has hauled boats with it herself. Can you imagine the look on people's faces when she pulls into a truck stop and jumps out and starts putting fuel in it?

I was working out of town and I was supposed to have the silver skater 42 v-bottom on display at a boat show for Simrad. So I told Tristan to go get it out of the storage building and haul it down there. Where she had to go was down a curvy two lane road by a lake and then through some parking lots that were full of cars/people. So a few hours later I get a call from a guy that was there and he says he was directing people where to park and he see's my truck come into the parking lot going around medians and parked cars and pulls up to him the window rolls down and it's Tristan in there by herself and she says where do you want me to back this into. Then she goes and parks the truck and boat and jumps out of the truck in a pink shirt. The guy that called me said seeing her haul that thing around and jump out of the truck was probably the sexiest thing he has ever seen.

Here is a pic of her running the boat in the shootout by herself. Keep in mind that means working her way through the crowd, getting by the start boat calling them on the radio to get in the que to run. Then milling around with the other boats, getting her pink helmet and pink lifeline on, pulling up to the start boat, floor it getting on plane, trimming It up, shifting into second gear, keeping it as straight down the course as possible to not scrub speed and go between finish bouys. Then weave back through thousands of weekend warriors to come pick me up. All with the stress of trying to win (the fastest woman at that time to ever run the shootout ran 79 mph and we knew our boat would only run 81 mph max. Tristan ran 80 mph and was fastest girl to ever do it, for about ten minuites then Summer ran like 142 mph.).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553928[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553926[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-image.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-image.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-image.jpg  

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-image.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (04-12-2024)
Old 04-11-2016, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like you have a great wife who also possess impressive boating & transporter maneuvering skills!
Awesome!

PS- best I can tell Tristan is about 200lbs light for meeting acceptable female trucker Certified Scales minimum weight.
Coveralls and a wife beater would allow her to blend a bit if she refuses to pack on the lbs.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Wraps are good on flat surfaces and pretty durable but beyond that they tend to shrink and the edges lift. Wrapping race cars works fine b/c they are only installed a week & aren't exposed to the elements for months and months.

I want to believe we just paid $7500-8000ea to have our tractors painted. They are brand new & came white from Freightliner. The paint shop disassembled the bodies & painted all the jams. They did a nice job w/ them.
We don't have the large storage box but we do have drone boxes w/ generators above them that resemble your storage box (the trailer lounges now have slideouts on the front) but I had those wrapped in the interest of time and simplicity (would have to be removed from the 5th wheel area then transported somewhere to be painted, then reinstalled, instead they were just moved from 1 truck to another).

We also run super single tires on the tractor & trailer to save weight, you don't have that issue.
Being in the business, i can attest to this... my pitch on wraps is "they are like strippers, look good from far but far from good"
Old 04-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]553928[/ATTACH]
I've never seen black props before. Special coating?
Old 04-11-2016, 10:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
I've never seen black props before. Special coating?
We don't discriminate.

There 20" diameter, just saying...

#blackpropsmatter

These props are 4340 steel that was machined from a solid billet block that weighed 2600 lbs. The coating is to keep them from rusting.

Last edited by BigSilverCat; 04-11-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
We don't discriminate.

There 20" diameter, just saying...

#blackpropsmatter
Hey, it's your girl with one in each hand!
Old 04-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 285 Likes on 101 Posts

:bananalove :

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.