Old 11-17-2016, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

The coating is pretty slick.....

https://youtu.be/y6RGLI75Zj8
Old 11-18-2016, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

What is a ball park cost of the coating? Would be nice to at least put on the bottom of the hull to help with water stains, scum lines.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Tyson, I know you mentioned it before but are you planning on bringing the boat to the Miami show in February?
Old 11-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 170 Likes on 76 Posts

Wow, that coating is awesome. Would love to know pricing as well
Old 11-18-2016, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

http://ceramicpro.com/your-industry/marine-industry/

This link says "Click Here for a Free Quote"
Old 11-18-2016, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
What is a ball park cost of the coating? Would be nice to at least put on the bottom of the hull to help with water stains, scum lines.
Depends on the installer but to do the whole boat is around $200- $350 per foot of length. Depending on how much prep work they have to do.

Originally Posted by TylerBurich
Tyson, I know you mentioned it before but are you planning on bringing the boat to the Miami show in February?
Yes I should have it down in Miami during the show, It will be at Miami Beach Marina.

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Wow, that coating is awesome. Would love to know pricing as well
Depends on the installer but to do the whole boat is around $200- $350 per foot of length. Depending on how much prep work they have to do.

You can contact Joel Accuardi at 1-949--303-0895 to find an installer in your area.

Keep in mind I'm not promoting the coating yet, I am only showing you what we did and why we did it. The coating was just applied and I will say that the prep work was done perfectly, and the coating definitely makes a slick surface, and water beads on it about as good as anything I have seen. We have had it in the water twice since the coating and the scum line did not wash off with just a garden hose but with just one pass walking down the boat with a microfiber with soap, then garden hose it was gone, no scrubbing.

I will up date the thread when I have more time on the coating and experience with it. I have washed the same size boat for 15 years so I will have a good reference to if the coating is a lot better or not. If it does what its supposed to It will save me months of my life from time I have spent trying to clean a boat.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rMcRJVY1-0

Alright, I'm pissed....you have found some new Clark Griswold sled lube that none of us have and now we are all chomping at the bit for a quote.
Something else ole Pete can upsell us on....
Old 11-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm thinking for $12k-$17k and no guarantee how well it works nor documented length of time it lasts I could probably find time in my day to clean my boat.
My boat also isn't a 50' x 12' canvas.

Updates over time will be interesting.

In reference to a slick hull I was under the impression that a slick running surface was actually slower than a scuff prepped running surface.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

We make a Ceramic now and I can tell you they are a ***** to put on. And ours is now classified the working mans ceramic. They work but there is sure no guarantees. They last in auto world, not sure about marine world. Also at $250 a foot that has to include correction, fixing all scratches and imperfections etc.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat

Yes I should have it down in Miami during the show, It will be at Miami Beach Marina.

You can contact Joel Accuardi at 1-949--303-0895 to find an installer in your area.

Keep in mind I'm not promoting the coating yet, I am only showing you what we did and why we did it. The coating was just applied and I will say that the prep work was done perfectly, and the coating definitely makes a slick surface, and water beads on it about as good as anything I have seen. We have had it in the water twice since the coating and the scum line did not wash off with just a garden hose but with just one pass walking down the boat with a microfiber with soap, then garden hose it was gone, no scrubbing.

I will up date the thread when I have more time on the coating and experience with it. I have washed the same size boat for 15 years so I will have a good reference to if the coating is a lot better or not. If it does what its supposed to It will save me months of my life from time I have spent trying to clean a boat.
Sealer waxes in my experience can do the same thing at 1 tenth the cost. Synthetic wax.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.