Old 11-18-2016, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slit pool noodles, on the belts, you know to make it classy
Old 11-18-2016, 07:56 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,263 Likes on 551 Posts

There are a couple companies that make the "fender condoms" out of terry cloth.
I'd venture they could do the same, and probably put Skater embroidered across the top.

Padded Alcantara sleeves would be nice too, especially in a contrasting color. I had some custom stuff made for my Corvette which turned out awesome.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:59 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
I need some help.... Do any of you guys have rzr's or dune buggys, side by side's, ect. that have seat belt harnesses with sleeves on them? My seat belts have an edge in them that hurts your shoulder and I want to find a good sleeve to put on it maybe out of neoprene? Any ideas?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561804[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]561805[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]561806[/ATTACH]
http://www.redlinegoods.com/SeatBeltPads.php
Old 11-18-2016, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Is there a reason you went w/ those particular belts as opposed to something like these?

https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/produc...roth-harnesses
https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/products/takata-harnesses
Old 11-18-2016, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Is there a reason you went w/ those particular belts as opposed to something like these?

https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/produc...roth-harnesses
https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/products/takata-harnesses
Yes, H style harness where the shoulder is sewn to the lap on each side so it is easy and fast to put on. You get into it like a coat. The aircraft style release that anyone would know how to latch and un-latch. And there all stainless steel so they wont rust.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
Yes, H style harness where the shoulder is sewn to the lap on each side so it is easy and fast to put on. You get into it like a coat. The aircraft style release that anyone would know how to latch and un-latch. And there all stainless steel so they wont rust.
I can't see the latch mechanism of your belts in the pic you posted. Isn't this an H style w/ a simple latch assay?
Attached Thumbnails Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-img_1074.jpg  
Old 11-18-2016, 09:16 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,277 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

Padded Alcantara sleeves would be nice too, especially in a contrasting color. I had some custom stuff made for my Corvette which turned out awesome.
These ?
Cobra seats
TECHNOLOGY HARNESS PADS
Professional Harness Pads designed for use with 3" (75mm) belts. Constructed in dual layer ConforŪ foam, using Cobra's unique density combination and encapsulated in Alcantara™ with quick release Velcro fittings. Mirror image construction ensures the overlaps point away from the neck for maximum comfort and Cobra's unique open-ended design ensures protection beneath the adjuster whilst allowing access for easy belt adjustment. Superb energy and vibration absorption reduce fatigue and prevent the usual discomfort at the front of the shoulders.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:24 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,277 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Would anyone worry (in my head i do) worry about an add on harness pad bunching up or sliding down vs harness's that come with pads that are sewn on by the factory ?
Old 11-18-2016, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
I can't see the latch mechanism of your belts in the pic you posted. Isn't this an H style w/ a simple latch assay?
That is pretty much what I have but in black not blue. Mine the mechanism and hardware is all stainless.

Last edited by BigSilverCat; 11-18-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:21 AM
Registered

Received 807 Likes on 455 Posts

A client actually cut the bottom out of a bunch of the thin neoprene Beer bottle cozies to protect the varnish from the 3" cargo Tie Downs... worked in his application as it didn't move or chafe.

.....may work here as a thin belt cushion where you are still secure without bulky pads - $0.99 fix if it works

Last edited by speicher lane; 11-19-2016 at 05:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.