Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater >

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Notices

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Old 04-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro
Very interested in how the Ceramic Pro coating is holding up below the waterline.
when I pulled it out of the water I did not wash it. Then the next day it got rained on and was put in a storage building and sat for 2 months, I pulled it out and hauled it to Skater and this is what it looks like without cleaning it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566201[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-cat-air.jpg  
Old 04-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
May be a complete non issue, bit one thing that struck me looking at the picks of it sitting at the dock. Should something require attention while you are out in the middle of the pond and you wind up climbing in the bilge dead in the water, do you have a curtain setup on the engine hatches or something to not get swamped if it is stirred up out there??
somewhere back several pages I said something about making a "curtain" that will fill in the "triangle" between the hatch and the boat to keep water out while working on it. We made a stretchy fabric and tried a couple different ways to mount it in there and not have it fall on the engine but its not done yet.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Registered

Footrests

Back to building custom stuff.
We needed footrests for the boat and decided they needed to move several inches and tilt because of the height difference in when we have the seats up for rough water or down for smooth water. And we did not want them mounted to the floor so we made a motorized footrest that mounts through the bulkhead. We designed them so that the hole in the bulk head is centered in height so the bulkhead retains its I-beam structure and then we fiberglass around the hole to strengthen it. and the trim ring/mount will strengthen it also. By having it not mounted to the floor the carpet/seadek can be a square piece to the bulkhead instead of having to trim around the footrest, and it will be easier to clean the floor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566202[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566203[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566204[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566205[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566206[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566207[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566208[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-footrest-1.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-footrest-2.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-footrest-3.jpg  

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-footrest-4.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-footrest-5.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-footrest-7.jpg  

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-footrest-8.jpg  
Old 04-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 889 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
Footrests

Back to building custom stuff.
We needed footrests for the boat and decided they needed to move several inches and tilt because of the height difference in when we have the seats up for rough water or down for smooth water. And we did not want them mounted to the floor so we made a motorized footrest that mounts through the bulkhead. We designed them so that the hole in the bulk head is centered in height so the bulkhead retains its I-beam structure and then we fiberglass around the hole to strengthen it. and the trim ring/mount will strengthen it also. By having it not mounted to the floor the carpet/seadek can be a square piece to the bulkhead instead of having to trim around the footrest, and it will be easier to clean the floor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566202[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566203[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566204[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566205[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566206[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566207[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566208[/ATTACH]
Holy **** balls, that's a foot rest... you could've posted the two last pictures and said it was a new space station and I would've believed it hands down.

My boat has a pretty cool stereo..?..

This boat is on the chuck Norris level, like how chuck Norris doesn't do push ups, he pushes the world down. This boat won't have go around the world. It will stay in one spot and the world will move under it.

Last edited by IGetWet; 04-08-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome, beautiful, trick! Now for the irony. You just spent 40 hours building a footrest to save 1 minute of floor cleaning time and added 1 hour foot rest clean time.
It's all good, carry on.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Holy **** balls, that's a foot rest... you could've posted the two last pictures and said it was a new space station and I would've believed it hands down.

This boat is on the chuck Norris level, like how chuck Norris doesn't do push ups, he pushes the world down. This boat won't have go around the world. It will stay in one spot and the world will move under it.
Thanks, and speaking of Chuck Norris, a lot of the new people don't know that Chuck Norris raced in offshore for several years and he set lots of long distance endurance records. Chuck Norris still holds several long distance records, we are going to try to get Nick Norris (Chuck's son) to go with us and beat his dads record in the San Francisco to LA record.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 889 Likes on 380 Posts

Wow, that's ironic!
Old 04-09-2017, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
Thanks, and speaking of Chuck Norris, a lot of the new people don't know that Chuck Norris raced in offshore for several years and he set lots of long distance endurance records. Chuck Norris still holds several long distance records, we are going to try to get Nick Norris (Chuck's son) to go with us and beat his dads record in the San Francisco to LA record.
Let me know when you do the SF to LA run. I'd like to come see you guys in SF
Old 04-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Today I put in some JL speakers. I went with the 7" coax in the back and the 7" separates in the front and at some point I will be putting 2 JL 10" in.

This is probably the smallest stereo I have ever put in a boat. Considering I have built the loudest boat stereos in the world. For an example the yellow boat pics are my Apache cat when I was cutting it for 8 - 15" Digital Design 9500 subs. And had 8 - 2000 watt amps on them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566216[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566217[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566218[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566219[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-apache-cat-subs.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-jl-1.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-jl-2.jpg  

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-jl-4.jpg  
Old 04-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrhI6iPtDDA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.