Notices

Being Boatless

Old 03-21-2016, 05:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been boat less for three years , summer,90 degrees and social media make it tough ,,, all our friends still have boats and Facebook posts are tough as well as I'm friends with my last boats owner makes it harder , I'm not a rider I'm a driver so it's not easy , this summer I'm back in ! Found a boat and will be pulling the trigger in the next few months
Old 03-21-2016, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
I'm currently without one. Back in the market finally. Grew up on em. Did a stint in my 20s without as I moved around the country and spent too much time working for peanuts. Made a career change and happen to have get married. Back in with a 272 formula. Loved it again. Divorce and bye bye boat. Been dying to get another since. I currently have my dads 30 scarab sport sitting on my lift. And although I'm beyond appreciative to have this to use. It isn't mine and it isn't a performance boat. I guess for some the addiction is real. Lol. I will have another shortly.

On a side note I have a thread in fountain forum. Looking for 35-42 fountain. 40ish. If it's advertised I've seen it. If you have one or know someone who is selling and hasn't listed yet let me know. Haha. Good luck Nick.
I'll be going to a boat club meeting in two weeks. I'll let you know if anyone is selling a 35-42 Fountain.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

WOW, I didn't realize there were so many that have taken a break! After 16 years of owning a boat I took a break and sold my boat two years ago. I can tell you that I miss being out there tearing it up. But, I don't miss the work and maintenance! And I was lucky and never had any major repairs in the entire 16 years. I have plenty of friends that have boats and they all offer for me to get behind the wheel. But, I don't drive other people's stuff like I drive mine so it's not the same.

I was hoping to get back in soon. But, a "friend" has screwed me out a a fairly large amount of money so a lawyer may be getting my money.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:32 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 880 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera

I was hoping to get back in soon. But, a "friend" has screwed me out a a fairly large amount of money so a lawyer may be getting my money.
Been there, one of the reasons we got out in the first place.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Been there, one of the reasons we got out in the first place.
Sucks doesn't it? I have let myself become obsessed with it and affect my life for too long. Just now starting to get out of the "funk" and just hoping for the best!
Old 03-22-2016, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's unfortunette to that your friend is a bad apple. That too would do it for me as far as boating goes. Being shafted like that. Needless to say I wouldn't want to be friends with that person at all anymore.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Sold my boat last month. I've had a boat for 20 yrs. The plan is to take a year off and evaluate how I feel.

Well, I'm already looking. I see a few boats that if they were closer, I probably would of already bought them.

I will say, I am DONE with I/O's and bravo drives. I'm going with OB's next time.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 880 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
Sold my boat last month. I've had a boat for 20 yrs. The plan is to take a year off and evaluate how I feel.

Well, I'm already looking. I see a few boats that if they were closer, I probably would of already bought them.

I will say, I am DONE with I/O's and bravo drives. I'm going with OB's next time.
I'm on board with that too. Never again with I/O's
Old 03-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 923 Likes on 308 Posts

After a year off, my chiropractor called to see if I was still alive.

I've started helping out friends with their boats, is like rehab for your boating withdrawal...
Old 03-23-2016, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
I'm on board with that too. Never again with I/O's

Same here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.