Notices

External exhaust flaps

Old 03-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default External exhaust flaps

Anyone use Hardins stainless external exhaust flaps.Was wondering how they hold up,I ordered a set but was wondering if anyone has tried them.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,445 Likes on 804 Posts

Search in the fountain area I think the guy with a trip 47 used them.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought Them off the guy with the fountain this winter. I have not had any run time with them yet but I can say this. They look a million times better then the rubber ones.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-23-2016, 07:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Nice looks good
Old 03-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just added the internal flaps version from Hardin and so far I like the look

Old 03-23-2016, 09:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Can't really see them under my swim platform,so not really going for the look,although it is important.I am looking for something that will hold up to heat and keep water out
Old 03-24-2016, 08:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
I bought Them off the guy with the fountain this winter. I have not had any run time with them yet but I can say this. They look a million times better then the rubber ones.
[IMG][/IMG]
Yes, that would be me. They hold up great and look great. I removed them because I was continuing to have reversion issues with my rear engines. This was complete speculation but there was a possibility that the flappers were trapping some water due to their weight by not opening sufficiently under idle exhaust pressure. Not saying the flappers are the cause but I am trying to eliminate any and all contributing factors.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HyFive578
Yes, that would be me. They hold up great and look great. I removed them because I was continuing to have reversion issues with my rear engines. This was complete speculation but there was a possibility that the flappers were trapping some water due to their weight by not opening sufficiently under idle exhaust pressure. Not saying the flappers are the cause but I am trying to eliminate any and all contributing factors.
Thanks for the reply,I shouldn't have that problem mainly looking to see how they hold up
Old 03-24-2016, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

I have the rubber ones and they work great but don't look great.

My question is do the rubber o rings on the stainless ones really keep them from making a clinking noise as they bounce open and closed?

I have a few trucks at work with the stainless flappers on the stacks and all you hear when they are idling is clank, clank,clank.

Last edited by Tom A.; 03-24-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]552877[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]552878[/ATTACH] The Stainles flappers are nice quality and do not make any clanking noise. The gasket works to eliminate that. The design is an easy one bolt clamp on, BUT if you tighten the bolt too much the flappers will bind. A couple of the flappers were binding right out of the box, so I took then apart and clearanced just slightly at the moving joint. Much better looking than the rubber external flappers but also much more expensive.
Attached Thumbnails External exhaust flaps-fastech-exhaust-flappers.jpg   External exhaust flaps-fastech-flappers.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.