Notices

Wet slip

Old 05-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisvr6
Yeah I'm in lake michigan (chicago). Super clean and cold as well. Everything powerwashed right off with an electric powerwasher after 6 months being in the water. I did use colinite fleetwax on it prior to wet slipping. Which epoxy barrier coat did you use and what kinda boat?
Fountain. The epoxy barrier coat was done by Martin Bowker a very respected fibergass and repair shop in Holland, Mi. I cannot remember the product he used 12 years ago. It is white, difficult to tell the color difference. No blisters.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you still at 31st street harbor? I was told a couple of years ago that they may allow lifts at 31st street. I never followed through with it though. You may want to ask, you have nothing to lose.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by eightsecmopar
Are you still at 31st street harbor? I was told a couple of years ago that they may allow lifts at 31st street. I never followed through with it though. You may want to ask, you have nothing to lose.

Two lifts in Diversey harbor.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interlux VC Performance Epoxy it used to be called underwater epoxy. Its finish is a semi gloss but it can be wet sanded smooth, it is very hard. I had the bottom of my checkmate refinished with it after the previous owner bottom painted it. Removal of bottom paint is not something I would wish upon anyone!
Old 05-14-2016, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

Previous 21' Challenger was kept in slip from may-sept from Aug 83' to 2013. Bottom cleaned with slimy grimy every fall. Started getting a few random below waterline blisters in the late 2000's. I would repair them every spring. What a PIA to do every spring before splashing. The VR1, will sit for the weekend or over vacations.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 601 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by AE Stream
Interlux VC Performance Epoxy it used to be called underwater epoxy. Its finish is a semi gloss but it can be wet sanded smooth, it is very hard. I had the bottom of my checkmate refinished with it after the previous owner bottom painted it. Removal of bottom paint is not something I would wish upon anyone!
I'd like to try the walnut shell media blast. Looks pretty easy. What did you do?
Old 05-15-2016, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did it by hand with a orbital wet sander hour and hours at a time
Old 05-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eightsecmopar
Not this year. Trying to sell the boat and not sure whether to get a gofast or a cruiser, hence the question. Definitely have to do the harbor thing though. Nothing like it.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by milicevicgm
Two lifts in Diversey harbor.
No ****! Wonder what's all involved in owning a lift. How the hell do you transport, install and remove? They probably charge to have one in your slip I'm guessing also?!
Old 05-17-2016, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by chrisvr6
No ****! Wonder what's all involved in owning a lift. How the hell do you transport, install and remove? They probably charge to have one in your slip I'm guessing also?!
No additional charge. You must have your lift out at the end of season ( PITA ). Maybe one day they will let lifts stay with bubblers for additional fee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.