Why hasn't anybody grabbed this deal? >

Why hasn't anybody grabbed this deal?

Notices

Why hasn't anybody grabbed this deal?

Old 05-26-2016, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Ass TA WS6
I know kind of a different beast here but this boat could qualify for this thread title. What a bad ass boat for the money

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...on-o65153.html
I love Rainmaker. Got to go for a hot-lap back when Rocky owned it. Super cool, good looking boat.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

I can contribute on this. Being recently in the market, this boat was on my short list. Like the colors, love the engine/drive combo, excellent maintenance (which is so hard to find right now), great trailer. Two things for me, really didn't want another side-by-side engine set-up and not a fan of the dual bolster layout. So it's not that this particular boat wasnt a great package it's that AT didn't fit what I was looking for. This particular boat is absolute top shelf for the $.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 266 Likes on 87 Posts

i was just thinking the same thing!! i was curious about maybe picking this boat up next. how fast does it run? cabin it totally pimp
Old 05-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
i was just thinking the same thing!! i was curious about maybe picking this boat up next. how fast does it run? cabin it totally pimp
It will run in the low 100s. I don't think YOU are ready for the Cult, young man.

And to everyone saying "this is the best deal out there..." HELL YES it is. I already own one and I want it, lol. Would look kinda silly behind my red truck, though...
Old 05-26-2016, 10:13 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

The owner of the cat I want has given me his "sell or keep" date so this is going to go at a great price or I will just keep it another season.

My GF thinks I'm crazy for selling and she loves speed more than anyone I know. She just fell for all the AT has to offer so she hopes it stays.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Would look kinda silly behind my red truck, though...

I have the same problem if I move to the cat I want.
Attached Thumbnails Why hasn't anybody grabbed this deal?-2008-active-thunder-w-truck.jpg  
Old 05-26-2016, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Yep, lose the blue/green engines and put in a pair of those super awesome 496s and it'll sell today for more money!

Or maybe it's the swim platform ...
Old 05-26-2016, 11:20 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Thanks to the OP for bringing this up.

I get that the seating isn't for everyone. Fineline gave a $10k(ish) estimate for a complete redo INCLUDING changing this to the standard-style AT bench.

On the colors, I never thought I would own this paint but it sure looks good to me now and photographs great IMO.
Cash I agree it's an awesome ride and it my favorite boat forsale under $250k. If I didn't have a boat right now you and I would be signing papers and drinking beers!
Old 05-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ortho kind of touched on this but I think you have to take TIMING into consideration too. Some just bought a boat before this AT hit the classifieds, others must sell a boat in order to buy their next toy. Basically the exact scenario Greg is in. I don't think there's anything wrong w/ the cat he's interested in but it's still for sale but I don't automatically assume there's something negative or wrong with it.

Boats may be toys to some but they are luxuries to most of us. I don't know too many Performance Boaters here on OSO that can just plop down $150k EVERYTIME they see a boat they'd like to own or think is a KILLER deal. Every so often I'm thinking things like, shopping for a new home, the kids braces, college tuition & or retirement savings have to be considered prior to making an impulse buy.

IMO I believe the sellers ability to accept a trade is PARAMOUNT in being able to sell a desirable boat that's priced right. Greg & I have discussed this.

Just my $.02!
Old 05-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Color scheme is everything on selling a boat but there is a ass for ever seat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.