Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

https://youtu.be/niwjMgDl02k
Old 12-15-2016, 09:34 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke
Care to provide a link? LOOKED an looked. NO dice.

Pm if neccesary.
I'm sure I can find the articles again, but it's all in German. The short story is typical red tape and gov't hassles. I think Bob the builder came close to having issues upon his return but things worked out. Things just went a little sideways for this guy.

Edit- one about the boat situation.http://m.bild.de/regional/duesseldor...ildMobile.html

Here's one about his general thoughts on Cuba.There are a couple more talking about the boat situation, but I have to leave you with something to do.
http://m.bild.de/regional/duesseldor...ildMobile.html

Last edited by bck; 12-15-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Thank you BCK.

first article roughly translated.

The Dusseldorf. entrepreneurs Roger Klüh (50) has only time until May to get his record boat from Cuba. Otherwise klüh a criminal proceedings for an offense against the U.S. export laws, warns his US lawyer Rebekah :Poston. The penalties ranged up to a million dollars and 20 years in jail.

The is only limited until May! Klüh: "The boat is still in Cuba because it has been severely damaged. And because of its 20 tonnes and 17 meters in length, it is already difficult to transport. Add to this the complicated legal problems."
Old 12-16-2016, 06:47 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

There's at least 3 on the boat that when combined give the full story.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 1,477 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by bck
There's at least 3 on the boat that when combined give the full story.
If you know it as most can't read German, care to let us in on it?
Old 12-16-2016, 07:57 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PigNaPoke
Thank you BCK.

first article roughly translated.

The Dusseldorf. entrepreneurs Roger Klüh (50) has only time until May to get his record boat from Cuba. Otherwise klüh a criminal proceedings for an offense against the U.S. export laws, warns his US lawyer Rebekah :Poston. The penalties ranged up to a million dollars and 20 years in jail.

The is only limited until May! Klüh: "The boat is still in Cuba because it has been severely damaged. And because of its 20 tonnes and 17 meters in length, it is already difficult to transport. Add to this the complicated legal problems."
Easy to ship as open deck cargo or plug some holes and tow it out of cuban waters.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:10 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Wobble
Easy to ship as open deck cargo or plug some holes and tow it out of cuban waters.
He claims every company that can ship it has backed out.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:21 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
If you know it as most can't read German, care to let us in on it?
I hate putting the pieces together and posting it in case I'm wrong or the news agency is wrong.
1. He had a permit from the US that said the boat had to be returned to the US by a certain date.
2. The boat broke and could not return.
3. The parts to fix the boat could not be shipped because of US restrictions.
4. Cuba didn't issue the necessary return paperwork.
5. He loves Cuba or the Cuban people at least and claims he is a bit of a hero there. Cuba seems to be Ok with him as he was invited by the govt for Castro's funeral. He went but could not attend the actual services.
6. He definitely wants the boat back and is not happy about the situation.
7. I believe he now wants the boat shipped from Cuba to somewhere other than the states. I'm assuming he's afraid the boat will be confiscated in the US. He is now facing legal problems himself in the states over the boat which will likely get worse if he ships the boat elsewhere, but at least he'll have the boat back.
8. He's talked with many shipping companies that can ship it, none of them will do it because they don't want to get involved with even shipping it to the states let alone elsewhere.
9. He has set up or hired some sort of team to try to figure out how to get the boat back.
10. He has retained an attorney in the US.
11. The boat did not make the official destination for the record run, but went to an alternate location instead because of the damage. He thought the attempt was a failure because of this until he limped the boat in and everyone was there congratulating him.

If someone disagrees with the info or the translation or what I think it means, I don't want to hear about it.

Last edited by bck; 12-16-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:21 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the Cubans can tow it to international waters then he could pick it up without breaking any laws, possibly.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

What damage did the boat incur? did it bust a hole in the bottom hitting cuban refugees swimming for the us or what???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.