Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Our declining hobby...sad days >

Our declining hobby...sad days

Notices

Our declining hobby...sad days

Old 06-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

With what a lot of people are saying you would think AT wouldn't be able to keep up with the 29-33 OB model orders.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 54 Posts

You would think, but except for being on this forum I have never seen or heard of the new OB AT boats available. Put them in showrooms across the country and I bet the orders will start to come in. Then again, when I do step up to a larger sport boat it will have big blocks because without that it's just not a bad ass thundering sport boat IMO
Old 06-15-2016, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Ours are supposedly good to 55-60 mph which is the speed I run them at max. And in my old age, I could really give 2 rat's a$$es what other think of me or ours boats.... And to the Op topic, I guess we are the exception to the rule, I'm looking at buying another boat, BIG V.....
Dean what makes it good to 55-60, stainless frames and supports and hardware? Or is it also the shape?
Old 06-15-2016, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
With what a lot of people are saying you would think AT wouldn't be able to keep up with the 29-33 OB model orders.
I feel that is one of baddest boats out there.......but... .it's new. There is no used market. So unless you're in a postion to pay sixes figires and then some for a boat it isn't really an option for a lot just yet.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow. This thread is a bunch of whiny *****es. If you have a twin engine big block boat because it makes you cool or because you want to fit in or because you have a small penis and are compensating then this thread makes sense. I know for me personally it's the look. It's the sound. I enjoy turning the wrenches and learning as I go. Outboards have impellers also and you have to drop the lower unit to get to it. I'll take an engine mounted Impeller everyday. Keep a spare and don't have to go on the trailer to fix.

Some of us do it because of love and passion not to impress others or compensate for anything.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
Dean what makes it good to 55-60, stainless frames and supports and hardware? Or is it also the shape?
All the above, my wife has built and installed a few, as long as you can locate straps to restrain and don't build a sail they are fairly easy to install. A good canvas or upholstery shop should have no problem but its custom order and not cheap.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 682 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Wow. This thread is a bunch of whiny *****es. If you have a twin engine big block boat because it makes you cool or because you want to fit in or because you have a small penis and are compensating then this thread makes sense. I know for me personally it's the look. It's the sound. I enjoy turning the wrenches and learning as I go. Outboards have impellers also and you have to drop the lower unit to get to it. I'll take an engine mounted Impeller everyday. Keep a spare and don't have to go on the trailer to fix.

Some of us do it because of love and passion not to impress others or compensate for anything.
For looks Mike . From a guy that bought a Fountain?

Just ribbing ya Mike. Congratulations on the new boat, when ya thinking you'll be seaworthy?
Old 06-15-2016, 09:57 PM
Registered

Thanks tommy. I love the looks of the fountain part of the reason I bought one. Been my dream boat since I was 10. She's about to start coming together. New shortblocks in the garage. Made a switch and ditching efi for carbs so I have some more stuff to order. Colabella just finished with drives. Bilge painted. Ready to start reassembly when I get home next week. Will get wet hopefully my trip home after that. So July
Old 06-15-2016, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My daughter and her husband bring about $80.000 a year home. Yu would think f they wanted, they could swing a boat. I have been through the envelope system with her and t ain't there. Between day care at 500 a week, car payments of 600"a month, then throw n insurance, hospital bills form two extended stay births, the price f df and gas, a boat has no place in their budget.
I say the because, 80g a year seems like enough to live out your hobby, instead they live it out on my boats.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:56 PM
Registered

Yeah but they are spending 3200 a month in child care and car payments. There's all the hobby money right there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.