Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A HUGE Thank You to an Offshore Only Member... >

A HUGE Thank You to an Offshore Only Member...

Notices

A HUGE Thank You to an Offshore Only Member...

Old 06-23-2016, 04:14 PM
P29
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A HUGE Thank You to an Offshore Only Member...

I wanted to write a quick post to compliment the recent work of John (BUP). I hired John to travel from Arlington, TX to work on my Wellcraft Scarab P-29 in Rockford, IL in order to diagnose some intermittent engine issues. When I picked up John from the airport, he was incredibly professional, and he couldn't wait to start working on the boat. John was very scientific while diagnosing the motors. He actually had a high end medical stethoscope with him and was listening to all parts of the motor. To my surprise, John found a laundry list of issues on the motors that could have been causing the RPMs of my engines to bounce. He not only diagnosed that the fuel injection systems were not to spec, but he also itemized a list of many other electrical issues that could be contributing to my problems.

Prior to his visit, I was not clear on what I needed to do. By the end of his trip, it was obvious that John gave me the clarity that I needed in order to make a good decision on my next investment with the engines. What it cost me to have John visit was well worth the price tag, as I could have decided to invest thousands of dollars more into engines that ultimately needed a rebuild or replacement.

A year ago, I also had John clean the fuel injectors that I had in the boat. It only took me 5 to 10 minutes on the phone with him to know that he was the right guy for cleaning fuel injectors. John (BUP) has my full recommendation if you are looking for an on-site marine technician to diagnose complicated engine issues, or if you are looking for someone to thoroughly clean and revitalize your fuel injectors. Anyone with questions regarding John (BUP) may send me a PM.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

He da man!!!!
Old 06-23-2016, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bup is a guy when you read his posts there is No doubt he knows what he's doing and a more qualified person to work on merc stuff would be difficult to find. Maybe boat problems in general, he does it daily and shares his vast knowledge freely. He is a huge asset to this community!
Old 06-23-2016, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 496ho's which he is very knowledgeable about and read every thing he posts about them. I have fixed a laundry list of items from his posts. For that I am very thankful. Does he have any contact info mainly email address, I would like to buy some parts from him.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:10 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

So, now he's a concierge mechanic? Nice work (as always) John!
Old 06-24-2016, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
So, now he's a concierge mechanic? Nice work (as always) John!

Hobo-
A hobo is a migratory worker or vagabond, especially one that is impoverished. The term originated in the Western—probably Northwestern—United States around 1890. Unlike a "tramp", who works only when forced to, and a "bum," who does not work at all, a "hobo" is a traveling worker.

Yeah, Sydwayz's term sounds better..... Great work (as always), BUP!

P.S. I Hope to go from "tramp" to "bum" as soon as possible!

Last edited by Speedracer29; 06-24-2016 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Once in a while are lives are touched by people that give everything they have and then when we think it's all gone - they give that little extra. It could be a word of encouragement, a smile, or in some cases a kick in the pants.

I have never had the opportunity to meet BUP but from what I have read he is such a person

3pointstar
Old 06-24-2016, 09:59 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Man I have been super busy - come up here for a bit to tkaetake a break and all hell has broke loose, JUST KIDDING I am shocked to say the least. Thanks to everyone for all the good words.

I would like to say that alot of time is spent also with animals. My better half and self probably spend 2 to 4 hours everyday helping out with dogs and cats. within Arlington TX. Many many stray animals that we just can not turn a blind eye to. Anyways alot of people do not know this about us. I just wanted to say, that really is where I would like to make difference in LIFE.

Thanks everyone.

I do have some really good boat stories thru out the years. Some day I will post a few. Some are very funny as well. Have a few lunch eater boat stories in the mix to.

Last edited by BUP; 06-24-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:05 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

My email for whomever and or about whatever. Boat related, parts related or anything related.

Put a title on the email so I know to open it up.

[email protected]