My new Avalon Pontoon! powered by twin Mercury Racing 400R's >

My new Avalon Pontoon! powered by twin Mercury Racing 400R's

Notices

My new Avalon Pontoon! powered by twin Mercury Racing 400R's

Old 08-22-2020, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 301 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
No back peddle, I just enjoy the hell out of boats and water. Still....I have no desire to own a toon or a fishing boat pretending to be an offshore boat. Each to thier own. As far as the 800hp toon, I am just a hop skip and a jump from lake Erie....Bring one up and we will play.
Padraig
I pay respect where respect is due. I don’t know the original poster, I don’t know the boat but I know someone who has one, and it’s cool. If your comment “or a fishing boat pretending to be an offshore boat.” was directed at my boat I will be the first to admit that mine is slow, but it’s a splash of a cigarette cafe racer which IS considered an offshore boat, but I’m not scared to put fish on mine. Happy boating.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 354 Likes on 194 Posts

Sorry, no offense meant. I have no idea what boat you have.. Just enjoy what ever it is.

Padraig
Old 08-24-2020, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 1,286 Likes on 474 Posts

Still....I have no desire to own a toon or a fishing boat pretending to be an offshore boat.
Padraig[/QUOTE]

ouch!

A few years ago we launched from Ft Pierce and ran to 400mi one way to Rum for some July blue water fishing. Tied up at Sumners Marina. Drank anejo and ate lobster, steak, venison and conch fritters every night courtesy of the boats there. Trolled for billfish and tuna all morning, snorkeling and surfing every evening until the dock party cranked back up. Funny thing, I don’t remember seeing a single “offshore boat” until we got back to the inter coastal in FL.
The following 4 users liked this post by hoodoo:
Indy (08-24-2020), Padraig (08-24-2020), rak rua (08-24-2020), Ryan00TJ (08-24-2020)