Notices

Costal Marine Export?

Old 07-14-2016, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

I have bought electronics from him, no issue at all.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 23 Posts

Bought New HP Transom earlier this year. Shipped and received without issue.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 238 Likes on 118 Posts

[QUOTE=SB;4459706]Great point and Memory Matt,

Smokin Gun had to agree to take thread down to get his$$$back after that fiasco.

Here's the the thread that went up by another questioning the site why the thread was deleted.

[url]http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general

Yep, I started that thread asking oso to leave the beware threads up and not delete them,,as you can tell they didn't like my suggestion ,,oh well be careful and do your homework I guess.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:06 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

has alot horse chit - never worked deeply on any boats in his life probably never owned any OEM service tools either but claimed he was a master OEM cert tech for 20 years, he has worked for land and sea like in the warehouse or a manager something like that,

Claims that Merc loves him and has alot of friends at Merc is how he can get parts and can sell them very cheap - 100 % Bullchit. Merc tells me they call him the junk yard dog / Sanford and Son of the marine parts biz - drive serial numbers are scraped off from him so Merc can not trace it back who really is giving Mike the parts and or how he is getting them. He turns the serial number plate around on the transom assemblies so you can not see what it is. Guess he does not want the grinding off portion to show to raise eyebrows by anyone so he turns them around. Pretty smart on his part as to what buyer is going to turn it around to check out what the other side looks like.

He cost me about a 12 K service job - BS me for 8 weeks - charge me an email invoice and I sent him a check in full from his invoice within 3 days from the email - he cashed the check the day he got but I had to wait 8 weeks for me to get my refund after getting pretty hard about it. Parts never came in full after 4 weeks of waiting beforehand - he told me it takes a week to get any Merc parts from Merc out Wis - After the 4 weeks I kept asking where is my stuff on voice mails and in emails and PM's facebook - no returned phone calls nor emails and PM on facebook as how I kept asking where is my parts. He will dodge you if problems arise on his end.

I have all the emails and PM's to prove 100 % of this plus plus the copy of the hand written check that he sent me for the my refund after it took 8 weeks to get. He claimed he did not trust me inn a email and then agreed to give me the refund - I laugh my f in azz off over that stupid comment. Told me he cut checks every 2 weeks on fridays - really ? he cashed mine as soon as it hit his mail box. Sent me back a hand written personal check with his return address from apartment in Florida.. Claims he rents a big warehouse and has his office is there. BS most likely to.

What I ordered was all Mercury outboard parts inwhich his prices were way below dealer cost , very cheap, even cheaper than dealer cost. Reason why I ordered from him to get the insurance job so I could discount parts to the customer to meet his insurance claim price. Found how cheap his prices were on FB. I asked him over the phone how can you buy and sell Merc parts not even being a dealer plus at and or below dealer pricing ?? Thats when he said Merc Loves him and has many friends at Merc plus worked for them doing alot of everything. " thats why they still like me so much" Right risk there million dollar dealers who stock parts so you can go behind all their backs and sell cheaper - Right Merc going to welcome you with open arms and sell you parts next to nothing so you can sell parts out of your apartment in BB Florida.. His parts are coming from the Merc international distribution or out the back door thru Land & Sea. It is not legit by no means. Really surprised that the likes of Dollar, TNT and BAM along with other big Merc dealers are not making Merc put this guy out of biz. Totally BS on Merc's part as well and what message is that saying about them especially to their loyal dealers for many years plus the dealers who spend 10 to ???? million dollars of boats every year that are made by Brunswick & engines by Merc.

Merc will not warranty his stuff either. I already had this conversation with Merc all about it. Merc has wind of him but really is not doing anything about it. He is not a dealer period and few big dealers have complained about his internet below / dealer pricing on parts. Again Merc will not warranty any outdrive or transom assembly from Mike period.

Last edited by BUP; 07-14-2016 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Did he issue a refund?
Not until after a beware thread was put up with obvious photo proof of the heads. Took a day or two after that to begrudgingly agree to issue him a refund. It was a lousy enough reaction that I made it a point to remember the name of the operation after the beware thread was taken down.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by soinc
Thanks guys
Your endorsements means a lot to me.
sending a cheque to a stranger is a nail biter.
Bought an HP transom assy from him 2 months ago. I needed it quick for the Atlantic City race, so all I needed to do was send a pic of the check and he put it in the mail right away. Didn't wait for check arrival and clear. Mike was great to deal with - awesome customer service.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Did he issue a refund?
I have to think that is hardly the point! If you have to threaten someone and drag their name thru the mud to make it right , it aint right. Sometimes a dollar saved is a doller wasted.
No dog in this , but heard the name and stories more than once.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I simply asked a question and implied nothing more. A simple 'yes' or 'no' what have done the trick.

Originally Posted by buck35
I have to think that is hardly the point! If you have to threaten someone and drag their name thru the mud to make it right , it aint right. Sometimes a dollar saved is a doller wasted.
No dog in this , but heard the name and stories more than once.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My apologies, I misunderstood the meaning. Assumed.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

No big deal. I wanted to know the end result since I believe he does a good job. At least for me. If I am going to vouch for somebody I don't want to regret it.

And based on the responses here it appears the majority agree. Good experiences.

The "used head" buyer holds no water with me, in my opinion, since who in their right mind would buy one? The other guy with the OB parts says he had an issue and who knows all the details. Although it sounds as if it was frustrating he did get a refund. If either were stiffed I would rethink my opinion.

I am not defending CME, just giving my past experiences.

Originally Posted by buck35
My apologies, I misunderstood the meaning. Assumed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.