Notices

What's the secret?

Old 07-30-2016, 01:46 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,197 Likes on 1,447 Posts

Become a community organizer, promise the world to become a senator, and then the world seems the limit.

You just have to be an extremely good liar and believe yourself.

If you become great with that, not only will you make a ton of money but no matter what you do, you will not go to jail, and millions of people will praise you.

Maybe even enough to become Secretary of State and maybe even the President !

Last edited by SB; 07-30-2016 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 813 Likes on 376 Posts

Being able to do the work yourself is mission critical in my mind.......

Being a slave to a marina at 100-125/hour can make or break you.....
Old 07-30-2016, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by procharged272
We are not wealthy people, just an average couple with a 7 yr. old kiddo. a mortgage and a college savings plan. What's the secret to owning our dream boat? I see younger and younger people owning boats we only dream of and wonder how they hell they do it.
Out here that question more pertains to real estate holdings than boats , even though it does apply .
Everywhere I look I see guys who dropped out of school at 16 , never had a single legitimate job in their lives and made babies with every willing whore who would drop her panties. But they have paid for houses all over the place . Of course they like to try and keep it quiet and are still hateful towards people who did it the old fashioned way through honest hard work and sacrifice .
The drugs trade was very good to a lot of people from the 70s through the 90s !
Old 07-30-2016, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure how others do it, but I work on my own boat and I make sacrifices that I think are worth it to have a nicer boat. Another big thing for us is not having payments. We owe money on our house and that is it. We have one credit card for emergencies that probably always has less than $500 balance on it.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 472 Likes on 213 Posts

Good credit no kids!!!
Old 07-30-2016, 06:45 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

If you think a 35' is good for your needs I would look at the 35 Fountain and Donzi models that came with 496 motors. Run high 70's easily and the 496Mag HO is a solid motor with a long shelf life.

They have fallen to a reasonable price point that probably isn't a stretch given your situation. Easy to tow and easy to store. Capable of the type events you described and have enough of a following you could sell again later to move up the ladder.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of what others have said is on point, but what hasn't been said is that you don't need to break the bank to have your 'dream boat.' Like Cash Bar said, get a twin 496 boat. It isn't that expensive to fix them when they break, they're easier to sell than big power, are pretty reliable, and run a long time before rebuilds. A couple of good incomes should have a problem with this type of boat in most circumstances.

Some people think that a 'dream boat' by definition is a 46 Cig Rough Rider (or 52 OL, or {fill in the blank}) with big blower motors. Not necessarily. The key is being content with whatever will fit in your budget. You'll be happier not stretching yourself in the long run anyway.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always said I was fortunate enough to be able to afford to buy a dream boat, then smart enough to get rid of it. Problem is once you taste that honey...that never goes away.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If it's any consolation procharged, I've pondered stealing CashBar's boat and riding off into the sunset toward Cuba, where I would use my prowess and rugged good looks to convince beautiful local women to become a guerrilla army and do my bidding.... But the logistics aren't right at the moment, so I'm stuck in my 24ft'er.

But just to clarify, that thing's insured, right Greg?!

(Dear NSA, please disregard this post, it is not a form of collusion or conspiring)

Last edited by Speedracer29; 07-30-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:14 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Research the hell out of boats that meet your needs while saving for that down payment. Once you have a short list, watch all available web sites almost daily to see if something goes up for sale. Be willing to travel out of state and buy the biggest boat with the highest STOCK HP engines/drives you can find. Interest rates on used boats under 10 years old are awesome. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.