Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Favorite boat of the 2016 LOTO shootout? >

Favorite boat of the 2016 LOTO shootout?

Notices

Favorite boat of the 2016 LOTO shootout?

Old 08-29-2016, 11:26 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

I think the girls in the 30 Skater had the hottest boat. LOL

After that the Parvey boat was pretty amazing.

Garth and Jim threw down a great set of runs and the Flight Club Skater is just sickly cool.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by NevrThrottleBack
Thanks for the support guys! We had an absolute BLAST running the shootout AND the Poker Run!

The Gladiator is based off a 38' top gun but they changed quite a bit more then just cutting it down. Plus Unleashed is a 1 of 3 Canopy and the only one with cool side scoops feeding the bilge! They measure 36'11' from tip to stern and over 40' to the back of the props with an 8' beam. Not sure on exact weight but in the 8000-8500 range sounds fair. We are still working on dialing her in only tried 2 sets of props so far but it handles, corners, and cuts through the slop amazing! I will edit up lots of Go Pro footage this winter!

Kristy
I had read the gladiators had a seven foot beam, but even with a 8 foot beam your boat is a nice weight so you have a great power to weight ratio, great run, happy to see you get it in the teens, beautiful boat, congrats, Smitty
Old 08-30-2016, 04:59 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 394 Likes on 142 Posts

Slug's new 50 Mystic is an awesome rig...
Old 08-30-2016, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 582 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I think the girls in the 30 Skater had the hottest boat. LOL...
agreed!

Are they planning how to attack the race course or planning what's for dinner, which one is it CashB?

Photo Credit: OSO ID [Go_Jim] http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-cat-fest.html

Photo Credit: Shoot2Thrill Pix

Last edited by noli; 08-30-2016 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Praveys Black Thunder! To see a old Black Thunder out run epoxy hull Outerlimits is amazing. Not knocking OL but this is not a easy task. The Praveys nailed it!
Old 08-30-2016, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 349 Likes on 133 Posts

Hard for me to pick a fav. Obviously we were cheering the Black Thunder on as they got faster and faster, and the skater going 194 just looked awesome. It was sitting right on the water and you could just see how well it was hooked up and going fast. Tune up sounded crisp and it was running well.

Onken is something that the shootout has to have...200+mph boats and they smashed 200 with authority. I wish there was another boat or 2 there giving them a run for their money.

What I can say about the OL boats is I saw them all cruising around the lake all weekend on off the shelf engines....and then running 150+ without a single bobble or bounce. They looked so damn smooth. We were chopping through some seriously rough slop from a couple big cruisers and that SL50 rolled right on by through that stuff like it was a joke. Shortly after a big cat came through and we damn near saw it go over then nose dive into another wave. I thought we were gonna be swimming for them. The way all those OL's ran on the water was most impressive to me...the 29, 43, 50...all smooth as silk.

The 34 MTI with outboards was nicely done. Great looking boat and I liked the size.

The center consoles all look the same to me Practical for hanging out I guess...except for no swim deck and a 1 pole ladder. Perfect for the salt I'm sure.

I hope there isn't another race scheduled the same weekend next year. This event needs all the racers to show up even if they aren't top class contenders for speed...seeing all the race boats and pleasure boats in one place is what makes this event the best. Also.....there's a LOT of guys parked that would be good boats to see make a couple passes. Just my $.02
Old 08-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

My favorite part of the shootout would have been the ride toward camden watching a 32 or 35 fountain struggle in the rough while me and another tritoon ran on by at 45mph or so.
Was quite comical for my 60 year old parents in the front bolsters.

Black thunder, the blue outerlimits, unleashed, and a few big mtis, and skaters were fun to get passed by.

Most impressive was that big 41 amg center console... they were running nearly as fast as ANYTHING in the rough when they passed us.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAG
Shortly after a big cat came through and we damn near saw it go over then nose dive into another wave. I thought we were gonna be swimming for them.
On the way back from Captain Rons on Saturday, the old Wozencraft E-ticket got a little out of shape...watched him come REALLY close to stuffing twice in a row at ~90-100 mph.

Was holding my breath and had the exact same thought...was praying to not have to go swimming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHXJ9qkArtI&feature=youtu.be
Old 08-30-2016, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
The Parvey's family accomplishment of amazing.

But........... a Kilo and Shootout are completely different, and not similiar.
The most recent APBA Vee bottom record was 180+ ( April 2014-Washington NC).with an Outerlimits

The shootout is simply the top speed at the end of the 1 mile course.
A Kilo record, is much more sophisticated, and is the average speed over the course, and averaged in both directions.
Doc do the shootout boats typically have more speed to offer if the run was longer?
Old 08-30-2016, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! That's difficult to watch no doubt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.