Notices

I'm Sorry

Old 08-31-2016, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

That's life... gotta keep digging.

You never know the true character of someone until you're watching them lose.

Keep your head up, and if there is anything you need that I can help with pm me I'll see what I can do.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:30 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
I'm losing mine slowly . . . . over time . . . so i can enjoy it
LOL, Priceless!
Old 08-31-2016, 09:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You got this!

[attach=config]558911[/attach]
Attached Thumbnails I'm Sorry-image.jpeg  
Old 08-31-2016, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for you.
Fortunately for us, my wife's boss had a unoccupied rent house that we were able to get.
It's in south Gonzales, and my home is in Central, which is about 40 miles away, but with all of the extra traffic, it ends up being a 2 hour drive.
We work every night ripping out sheetrock and cabinets, and then fight traffic back to the rental for a couple of hours sleep.
Now, I'm told, I may be forced to raise my house 4' because I had more than 2' of water in it, and repairs will be 50% of the value.
I have a 3000' single story home on a slab....that should be cheap...
If it's true and I have to raise it, I will do the one thing I despise and walk away from it and let the bank have it.
I was able to buy another truck yesterday, but had to purchase it from an out of town dealer.
All of the local dealers are asking list price on 2016's. They could at least offer me a reach around in the deal.
I'm fortunate that I've never had to experience anything like this before, and it's hard to comprehend it.
Take a look at everything in your home and shop, and imagine everything from the 4' mark down, piled up in trash piles in your front yard. It's gut wrenching.
Watching the "dumpster divers" digging through my hard earned stuff by the road is like watching buzzards eat a family member.
Call me if you need someone to talk to, because I know....
Old 08-31-2016, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cajun 2 Stepp
I feel for you.
Fortunately for us, my wife's boss had a unoccupied rent house that we were able to get.
It's in south Gonzales, and my home is in Central, which is about 40 miles away, but with all of the extra traffic, it ends up being a 2 hour drive.
We work every night ripping out sheetrock and cabinets, and then fight traffic back to the rental for a couple of hours sleep.
Now, I'm told, I may be forced to raise my house 4' because I had more than 2' of water in it, and repairs will be 50% of the value.
I have a 3000' single story home on a slab....that should be cheap...
If it's true and I have to raise it, I will do the one thing I despise and walk away from it and let the bank have it.
I was able to buy another truck yesterday, but had to purchase it from an out of town dealer.
All of the local dealers are asking list price on 2016's. They could at least offer me a reach around in the deal.
I'm fortunate that I've never had to experience anything like this before, and it's hard to comprehend it.
Take a look at everything in your home and shop, and imagine everything from the 4' mark down, piled up in trash piles in your front yard. It's gut wrenching.
Watching the "dumpster divers" digging through my hard earned stuff by the road is like watching buzzards eat a family member.
Call me if you need someone to talk to, because I know....
Praying for you brother. It's so hard to lose everything. An now I'm disabled so this will be a long hard journey. Give me a shot if you need to vent or if I can help someway.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:35 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

these people held their prices during both flooding events in Houston this year https://www.texasdirectauto.com/ I can put you in touch with the GM fleet manager in Cleveland, Texas also if you are looking for new they have Dodge also
Old 08-31-2016, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Praying for you brother. It's so hard to lose everything. An now I'm disabled so this will be a long hard journey. Give me a shot if you need to vent or if I can help someway.
It's hard for most of us to even relate to what is going down in you're life, last year we had some terrible fires where many folks lost lost absolutely everything they had. Just unimaginable to most people.

Leg, ankle still effed up?
Old 08-31-2016, 07:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I was watching Fast & Loud one day, and he made a statement like "I get up every morning and it's chance to kick life in the balls". I love that. Life is a marathon. Keep kickin!

Sometimes you are the monkey, sometimes you are the football. I just try to be the monkey every chance I get.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:29 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Artie sorry about your damages and situation. I did hear about all the flooding being the next state over. Also I did ask Sandra about you and herself, so she told me about what happened. Sorry man. I know this can not compare but last year we had bad flooding half of the year as well, how it effected me was mainly boat business wise and income in and around the whole area. What helped me out was I have so many boat customers that lived outside this area plus in other states that I ended up traveling to them. A lot of my stuff got ruined as well but not like what you had. Hang in there cause luck can only go up from here on out. Good luck

Last edited by BUP; 08-31-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck35
It's hard for most of us to even relate to what is going down in you're life, last year we had some terrible fires where many folks lost lost absolutely everything they had. Just unimaginable to most people.

Leg, ankle still effed up?
Yes Sir. And my back. I will beat this. Sorry I posted at a week moment. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by akaboatman; 08-31-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.