Old 09-02-2016, 09:16 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
So, where did you book a place at???
Above Earnie's Bait and Tackle Shop ---------------------- Just kidding

Red Oaks Resort the 3 bedroom Condo -

Yes there is a lot of places but try calling them on Monday the day after the shootout. 50 % of the calls were no answer, left messages with not a one call back even to this day Friday. Jeez what crappy ran businesses. Most were sold out for 2 to 4 bedrooms ( the ones that did answer the phone). I had a list of things that I was needing ie: for a 7 day stay for 6 people and possible up to 10: --- Place to wash clothes - frig, stove, boat ramp for boats 40 ft and down, Parking for trucks and trailers and so on, this is more of a business week than a play week for us.

We want to do that charity ride as well - the whole day as we are all about for giving out rides to the kids and their parents and hopefully can help donate any funding. Does anyone have insight on how to enter that end of it ??? Thanks

Last edited by BUP; 09-02-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Above Earnie's Bait and Tackle Shop ---------------------- Just kidding

Red Oaks Resort the 3 bedroom Condo -

Yes there is a lot of places but try calling them on Monday the day after the shootout. 50 % of the calls were no answer, left messages with not a one call back even to this day Friday. Jeez what crappy ran businesses. Most were sold out for 2 to 4 bedrooms ( the ones that did answer the phone). I had a list of things that I was needing ie: for a 7 day stay for 6 people and possible up to 10: --- Place to wash clothes - frig, stove, boat ramp for boats 40 ft and down, Parking for trucks and trailers and so on, this is more of a business week than a play week for us.

We want to do that charity ride as well - the whole day as we are all about for giving out rides to the kids and their parents and hopefully can help donate any funding. Does anyone have insight on how to enter that end of it ??? Thanks
Get on VRBO and rent yourself a house. There are a ton of them ansd you should be able find something that meets your needs. I have stayed at several condos but parking is always a problem.
As for the Make a Wish rides basically just show up at Captain Ron's and they will hook you up.. They also have the link to sign up. I did a couple of years ago and got more out of it than the kids did!
Old 09-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUP
^^^^^^ Thanks - Have to say we met ----- you and your husband about 3 years ago, Feb trying to get to Miami boat show from DFW airport as we had to fly stand by. And of course the times after that in Miami. Do you remember that - you got a seat but your husband did not so you took it and left to Miami ? We got out much later that same day.
Yes I do remember that! That was a wild trip.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anywhere you stay you will have a good time and it's worth it. Trust me i know as i trailer 1400 miles each way. I have stayed at different condo's and Camden on the Lake. It all depends what meets your needs. This past Shootout i stayed at The Ledges, great location both by land and water, one cove down from PBC & Dog Days. Right on the mm21. Next yr i'm staying at Camden on the Lake and i reserved right before i departed last week. For me, staying at Camden works better because i have everything right there and my daughter can be in the pool and entertained while i am boating. The only problem i see with this entire thread is that we are t-355 days away and that really sucks See yall in KW in t- 67 days .
Old 09-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,890 Likes on 950 Posts

I know peeps that stay at Red Oak quite a bit and like it. Its close to Capt Rons, but kind of far from everything else by land and water.