Notices

Polish/Wax

Old 10-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
I'm not a pro. I don't have access to "pro" product. But I did take a tremendous amount of time in researching what product to use, how to apply, and how to extend results.

A painted boat with clear is just like a car. The clear gets bombarded with contaminants and gets swirl marks. No different than a car that needs paint restoration to restore the finish, remove swirl marks, and protect it from the elements. In short, there is a process that needs to be followed and there are a ton of great POLYMER products on the market. Here is what I bought and used. I was blown away with the quality, ease of application, and end result. Before anything, I clayed the entire boat from the chine to the deck. Yes, it took a long time. But now that it is done I'll be maintaining it and not having to go through the entire process in the spring.

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-swirl-kit.html

Collinite 845 is a great sealant. I was going to use it after I used the Wolfgang sealant as that is a process many use. Some people apply two coats of the Wolfgang sealant. I ended up only needing one and I was done but I do have a bottle of 845 on the shelf if I decide to give it a try.
You all can get pro products, just not over the counter... I posted a link to the site you can order direct from there

Last edited by precisiondetails; 10-10-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
You all can get pro products, just not over the counter... I posted a link to the site you can order direct from there
Yep. Either online or google auto body supply stores in your area.

Another thing. With the higher end polisher/sander variable speed tools won't work well with consumer products.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Precision, I looked at your site. So what do you recommend for a painted boat (Spies Hecker paint)?
Old 10-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Taboma
Precision, I looked at your site. So what do you recommend for a painted boat (Spies Hecker paint)?
Bead Maker and Challenger Marine Wax. As well as Paint gloss.

There are different factors in all 3 products.

Bead Maker- easy to use spray on wipe off but to use properly it's a full spray coating not just a mist and wipe cleaner like paint gloss would be. This is actually a sealer product and is a hydrophobic coating. The way it works is after you spray on and wipe off, in about 1-2 hours it sets up and hardens.

Paint Gloss- used the same way as Bead Maker but it's still like your classic showroom shine detail spray. Used for up keep, it has polymiers but is not a "coating" like bead maker.

Challenger Wax- is the synthetic sealer that is going to hold up long term in the marine environment which is way different then cars of course. Now I have tested Driven side by side with this stuff and I used to always use driven but now I have financial interest in P&S. Lol... By all means Driven is still awesome, I did say hold up the same. I will tell you the unique difference tho- Driven is easier to use when in sun and warm weather, but Challenger somehow someway is eaier to use when it's cold like most waxes. Anyone that has seen Fred with Drivens demo he does make an incredibly good product for the sun and heat. But for some reason when it's winter or chilly it cakes up pretty bad.

Hope this all helps you guys. I'm not just trying to boast my product but also want to help you all understand the variables as well.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is where Totally Buff, Vitreo, and covered storage has gotten my gelcoat:

I usually 2 bucket wash everything. Still want to keep swirls to a minimum, so which polish do you recommend From P&S?
Ultracoat or Challenger Wax for the truck AND boat as a sealer?
I've been happy with Vitreo on the truck, boat, and bike, but I'm open to suggestions.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
This is where Totally Buff, Vitreo, and covered storage has gotten my gelcoat:

I usually 2 bucket wash everything. Still want to keep swirls to a minimum, so which polish do you recommend From P&S?
Ultracoat or Challenger Wax for the truck AND boat as a sealer?
I've been happy with Vitreo on the truck, boat, and bike, but I'm open to suggestions.
Well are you looking for more of a polish or wax & protectant?

Polish- ultra coat polish/full throttle
Wax- Challenger
Cars and clear coat- ultra coat paint sealant
Boats sealer is the challenger cause of the marine environment weather clear or gel
Old 10-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe you answered this already, but what do you recommend for gel surfaces, as the website only talks paint?
Old 10-10-2016, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck35
Maybe you answered this already, but what do you recommend for gel surfaces, as the website only talks paint?
The challenger wax, bead maker, and paint gloss

See my long post above
Old 10-10-2016, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you sir!
My li'l black boat thanks you as well.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Registered

FYI- free shipping on all orders of $150 and more. My buddy Vinny Riffice who some on here may know, he has a skater and manny nice cars, he really loves our stuff. He just made an order today. Also as you can see NASCAT likes it too. And let me tell you- for him to like it says something. Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.