Cigarette And Mercedes-AMG Celebrating Tenth Collaboration >

Cigarette And Mercedes-AMG Celebrating Tenth Collaboration

Notices

Cigarette And Mercedes-AMG Celebrating Tenth Collaboration

Old 01-19-2017, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
I might be able to get a better grasp if there was reciprocation on the AMG side but I've never seen anything Cigarette from AMG. But I also think the Harley Davidson Ford trucks were goofy too.
AMG cars used to have a "cigarette" lighter!

HD gets carried away worse than Cig when it comes to logos!

HD Ford trucks, HD tool boxes, HD hats/helmets/boots/air cleaners/cookie jars........ those folks never say no to a product endorsement!

ebay right now- type in Harley Davidson in the search box = 1,672,326 results for harley davidson
Old 01-19-2017, 10:43 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,898 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
I might be able to get a better grasp if there was reciprocation on the AMG side but I've never seen anything Cigarette from AMG. But I also think the Harley Davidson Ford trucks were goofy too.
I'm not a marketing guy, but ...

I think the "reciprocation" comes in the form of opportunities such as being able to have an AMG-branded Cigarette at the Monaco Grand Prix. I'm not defending or attacking the Cigarette-Mercedes-AMG marketing program, but the physical boats are just one element of it. That Mercedes-AMG has continued in the partnership with Cigarette since 2010, including such efforts as bringing their latest automobile before it's even been displayed at several major auto shows—to me at least—signals that they value the program. From what I've been I've been told by Gorden Wagener, the chief of design for AMG, the two groups really do collaborate on every project.

Again, I'm not a marketing. This is simply a few observations on a program I've followed more closely than most.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 91 Posts

Now if you want to see a real hot boat......look at the AMG Apache!!!!

Wait a minute, doesn't Cigarette have an exclusive with AMG?????

Well what is really important to AMG is winning races...in cars.

So there have been no complaints from anyone, when the person who owns the F1 (Formula One ) track in Trukey, decided that he needed a bit of help with his Apache and he turned to AMG. He has a huge yacht and does a lot of wake jumping with the Apache while the yacht cruises the Med and other local waters.

Maybe someone could post the photos of both the Apache and the yacht. I have seen them many times, but never copied them. To help in the search just look for a 41 foot Apache...... with the big AMG logo on the side....that will be it.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

I think the reciprocation comes in form that AMG and cigarette have the same target demographics. I'm guessing the goal is to raise awareness of each other's brands to each other's customers. I think at one time, every single person I knew in ca that owned a cigarette owned a Mercedes, including me.