Cigarette And Mercedes-AMG Celebrating Tenth Collaboration

Notices

Cigarette And Mercedes-AMG Celebrating Tenth Collaboration

Old 01-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,988 Likes on 1,357 Posts
Default Cigarette And Mercedes-AMG Celebrating Tenth Collaboration

The unique partnership reaches a milestone at the upcoming Miami International Boat Show, http://www.offshoreonly.com/articles...-collaboration.

From the OSO home page.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 421 Likes on 133 Posts

I'm always excited to see the Cigarette/Mercedes partnership boats. Did Skip say knowing somebody or owing somebody?

“I feel very positive about it,” he said. “The relationship makes sense for both companies—there are marketing benefits for both companies. No money ever changes hands. It’s not based on somebody knowing somebody. It’s a partnership.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

Always love to see this team/combo.

Missing the show for the first time in a few years so hope some pics make there way here.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:11 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,988 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I'm always excited to see the Cigarette/Mercedes partnership boats. Did Skip say knowing somebody or owing somebody?

“I feel very positive about it,” he said. “The relationship makes sense for both companies—there are marketing benefits for both companies. No money ever changes hands. It’s not based on somebody knowing somebody. It’s a partnership.
He said "knowing."
Old 01-18-2017, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

I must just be getting cynical in my old age! But on almost every collaboration I have been underwhelmed (the electric being the exception). Its got to the point where I only click on the story to see how much this collaboration will underwhelm me this year.

Yes they are nice boats, but for me I expect more.

Really they have been nothing more than a "theme" boat. Private owners have done better car themed boats. And that don't have the corporate backing from head office.

I'm sorry but here you have a boat manufacturer dealing directly with one of the largest car manufacturers and that's what he get. The resources and parts at both of their disposal is almost unlimited.

I would expect more than we painted it the same colour as the car and used some vents. Please!!

Go to the AMG race department get one of their beasts and put it in the boat. I'm almost insulted that an AMG boat is powered by a Mercury Engine. WTF. The entire cockpit could be AMG. The leather/carpet/seats, dash, gauges, navigation system could all be incorporated. Let your mind run and imagine what you could come up with.

On a positive, maybe this year will be different..........I sadly doubt it though.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

I would say the debut of a 40"+ CC that runs over 100mph was pretty damn cool last year.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

As a Cigarette owner for many years, I've never understood this so called connection. There's really nothing Mercedes/AMG on these boats and we've never seen anything Cigarette on the AMG automobile. I happen to like KTM motorcycles but I can't imagine putting KTM down the side of my Cig.

Remember the Levi's Gremlin? Yeah, that silly.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 982 Likes on 524 Posts

I don't get the tie in but it generates publicity and both AMG and Cigarette are icons of their industry. Last time I saw Skip at a poker run he was driving an S63 AMG Mercedes so maybe he gets some cars out of the deal or maybe it was just a coincidence.

The electric boat that didn't run was a head scratcher......seemed like a waste of a perfectly good Top Gun.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

Until Mercedes AMG starts using wood and GM based engines in their construction the comparison is baseless.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 552 Posts

There was a Ducatti/Cigarette collaboration year at the MBS once too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.