Notices

How Did We Survive?

Old 10-08-2002, 11:46 AM
jr

Things different today than when we grew up.

1. Cartoons that sell toys instead of attempting to blow up a road runner.

2. Color TV's that take 3 men and a boy to carry.

3. News agencies that attempt to make news instead of reporting it.

4. Liberal anti-self-protection lobbies.

5. Weather proof video cameras in every parking lot, store, school, intersection and cop car.

6. Video games

7. Today it's praised to be an indiviual that has contempt for all institutions that have given them the freedoms to be able to have public displays of contempt for those institutions.

Please add to the list as required.

Old 10-08-2002, 11:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Today it's praised to be an indiviual that has contempt for all institutions that have given them the freedoms to be able to have public displays of contempt for those institutions.
Thanks jr, that's a good one.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:10 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Worthwhile things that we have today:

1. Skaters

2. OSO

3. Ford PSD's

4. The Food Channel

5. Last Sunday's Toddy Run.

6. Doug Lewis' remarkable new Cancer Treatment.

It's not all bad........ but a lot of it is hype. Sadly, in a world of dramatic new "business plans" and political correctness most of what is "new" is either old mediocre wine in new bottles (step bottomed boats)....... or worse.... absolute malarky (2nd generation "improved" step bottomed boats).

T2x
Old 10-08-2002, 12:30 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 15,648 Likes on 4,058 Posts

a seven ounce bottle of coke was 10 cents, now 3 something for a six pack. the surgeon general still declared smoking to cause cancer, yet we are sueing the tabacco companies for millions, hell billions because we cant read well enough.

Last edited by Pete B; 10-08-2002 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One Thing Changed How Every Thing Used To Be..... LAWSUITS...... And Greety Lawyer's.....

Money Talks.....
Old 10-08-2002, 01:33 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Ain't that the truth.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:23 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahhh the good ol' days right Bro? Ass whoopin's were a pretty common thing.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Go-carts with no brakes................

This reminds me of when my dad finally bought that used rotor- tiller so I can up grade from 2 1/2hp to 5hp. I was still very young so when he installed it, he hooked up the throttle cable to the governer." You have to get used to it before you go wide open son", he said. About two months went by and while my dad was gone for the weekend, I decided I'm going to see what this 5hp Briggs and Stratton is made of. All I needed was a piece of a coat hanger, a machine screw, and move this spring over here instead of here ect. ect........Well for some of you that may not know, the governer on a small engine holds the throttle wide open when the engine is not running, and at idle when it is. I did not know this. So when I started this thing, the governer pulled the throttle wide open immediately and the cart took off spinning tires and all. Remember now, it is a pull start, so I'm not in it! I just stood there in horror and watched it scream across the driveway and head dead center for my dads motorhome. At first I thought it was going to fit under because of it height, but the steering wheel caught the drain for the holding tank. I then watched about 15 gallons of my family's human waste drain on the seat of my cart while it's spinning tires, now stuck under the motorhome. I went over and shut it off and went in and told my mom. She said "You better let me teel your dad about this". To this day my dad still reminds I owe him $500 for his holding tank.

Last edited by Shah Mat; 10-09-2002 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-09-2002, 07:30 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote from my mother:

"Don't make me take off my shoe!!!"
Old 10-09-2002, 09:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mom would hand out the physical punishments while Dad would just yell (bellow).
Mom used Dads clothes brush for spankings. It had a spring steel core, wrapped with leather and stiff natural bristles on one side. She'd start with the flat leather side to tenderize then flip it over and use the bristles for a lasting sting effect.
I hated that brush!!! Tried hiding it several times, which got me in more trouble than anything else.

Quick Reply: How Did We Survive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.