Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
32' Sunsation....impressive speeds >

32' Sunsation....impressive speeds

Notices

32' Sunsation....impressive speeds

Old 10-08-2002, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me try to answer the many questions here.

The Dominator hull originated in 1993 as a conventional deep vee and was modified in 1996 with the ventilated Vortex bottom, stepped to the first strake only. We have built 7 or 8 single power Dominators over the years. Most have the HP500 or HP500 EFI's and few the 502's and of course some built them up pretty well and all had full cabin and cockpit layouts.

We did build Lee an F1 boat for APBA. The Dominator hull came in less than an 1/2 inch in what APBA called the closest measurement ever. After that (2001) we modified the hull to legal length to qualify for F2. The Old P3-5 Dominator ran by Steve Henshaw (Tulsa, OK Sunsation Dealer) won the nationals and worlds with that Stock off the floor model. The fastest he ever GPS'd that boat was 88.7, never broke 90, pretty much what every 32 Dominator HP500 setup runs.

Steve Henshaws new Dominator F2-10 saw only one race last year in Key West and was running third with two laps to go when the gimble broke and ended a great day like many other great teams that had similiar problems.

And as Rick32 says, the WOW factor is the pure acceleration from 50 and up to top speed. Both HotBoat & Powerboat wrote it as the quickess acceralting stock twin 500 boat either of them ever tested. It is a real blast to run that setup.

The 32 Dominator weighs in at 6500 lbs, due to all cored glass components that make up the boat with an almost blue printed hull right out of the molds. A very well balanced boat that loves the rough stuff.

The new Innovator hull was originally designed to test an all new concept for stepped hulls for the upcoming SS396, it was very exotic and fast but the stability was not there. We have gone with Michael Peters for the hull on the Innovator plus the hull on the SS396. The new Innovator molds will be here in about three weeks. The first show the boat will be at is be the Chicago show followed by Detriot and Atlantic City.

The exciting SS396 will be right about this time next season. Feel freeto drop me an email if you have any other questions.

[email protected]
810-794-4888

Thanks for all the questions and hope you all had a Safe & Sunsational Season.

Sincerely,

David Hare
Chief Operating Officer
Sunsation Powerboats
Old 10-08-2002, 04:33 PM
Registered

Default Re: HE said he was from CT and boats on candlewood lake,, my stomping grounds.

Originally posted by Chris232
And yes,,, after we passed you, he BLEW by all of us except Ken..
Im not sure who you are refering to in the "you"
Please explain
Old 10-08-2002, 04:34 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Dave S,

Thanks for the info without all the hype.

Good luck with the BIG one.

G
Old 10-08-2002, 04:37 PM
Registered

Yes Dave
Thank you,
Im going to have to look into this Sunsation thing soon.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too am very impressed with that boat. Not only is it fast but an absolutely beautiful boat!

Chris, I need to correct your info. He has a single 500 EFI with a Whipple. Not sure if there is a huge difference, and I am certainly not calling you stupid .

He said his GPS was reading 84 MPH. I would have loved to have run with him down river another mile where it started getting real rough.

My GPS that day recorded my max speed at 99.1 MPH . That is why I pitched it into the river!
Old 10-08-2002, 07:12 PM
Registered

You're welcome guys, always enjoy answering what questions I can. Keep firing them at us, we're here to help, no matter what boat you own. It's all of you together that help keep me working. So thank you as well.

David
Old 10-08-2002, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NOW THAT'S A BOAT COMPANY!
Old 10-08-2002, 08:34 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I might know who the mysterious Sunsation owner is.
I will e-mail him to let him know about his popularity.
He is not a member of OSO.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Ken
I am certainly not calling you stupid .
My GPS that day recorded my max speed at 99.1 MPH . That is why I pitched it into the river!
Thanks for letting me slide on the Stoopyd.
The look on the guy Jose and the bartenders face were well worth the 4 AA's you through in the water.

What kind of HP do you get with a 500 EFI w/ a Procharger?? My geuss would be 650 ish.

Why dont my smilies work from home :-(
Old 10-08-2002, 08:47 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Neat post, I like the Sunsations, we have a 288 (RECKLESS) in our club that can handle the big water with no sweat, he and I are usually out front for our size/single engine, they fly flat, rare if you ask me for most single engine 25-30' hulls.

And even if that guy is eating drives, sounds like he waxed some ass that day!
The fun of powerboating, play, then pay! But what else is there besides beochessss and beer?

Dave, thanks for the info.
Bryan

Last edited by Bryan Tuvell; 10-08-2002 at 08:50 PM.

Quick Reply: 32' Sunsation....impressive speeds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.