Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cigarette Mercedes-AMG Celebrate Dual Anniversaries with GT R-Inspired 50’ Marauder >

Cigarette Mercedes-AMG Celebrate Dual Anniversaries with GT R-Inspired 50’ Marauder

Notices

Cigarette Mercedes-AMG Celebrate Dual Anniversaries with GT R-Inspired 50’ Marauder

Old 02-16-2017, 09:05 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,943 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Default Cigarette Mercedes-AMG Celebrate Dual Anniversaries with GT R-Inspired 50’ Marauder

Mercury Racing and Mercedes-AMG celebrate anniversaries, https://speedonthewater.com/new-boat...th-50-marauder
Old 02-16-2017, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Beautiful
Old 02-16-2017, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing! Not only does it knock it out of the park in appearance and finish, but the fact they used carbon fiber extensively in the layout is really awesome as well.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice. Wonder why they leave space on the sides of the back seats and not fit another seat in there. I would like to bring as many people as i could with me in a 50ft boat.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

AWESOME colors, but man, can't they come up with something fresh?
Look at the line of AMG's over the same period, they have evolved and changed with the times and demand. But again, boat builders just don't get it and are so far behind its embarrassing.
Same stuff, different colors only goes so far.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The second CfF 50 has a very different paint job than the AMG boats. Hopefully you will like that one better. I think they are both really sharp.
Cigarette is doing some really cool things and David Hunter and his guys are amazing painters.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 259 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Nice. Wonder why they leave space on the sides of the back seats and not fit another seat in there. I would like to bring as many people as i could with me in a 50ft boat.
The cockpit has standing room for two with grab handles behind the front bolsters. I think traveling in big water w/ seven passengers is more than enough. This boat has a significant racing heritage and isn't designed to idle to a cove and throw an anchor. That's a beautiful big water boat. I'd love to see that boat fly by at a 100 plus in the rough, damn!
Old 02-17-2017, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't see where it's wide enough for a 4th back seat. Those are the AMG seat option. I think most people would reather have the stock Cig seats. Just my opinion.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Dear Cigarette

Please sack all your design people who worked on this project. Go and employ Gino and he can maybe show you how to do a boat "inspired" by a car.

Paint and a seat insert? Please!

All credit to the team though, they managed to get another story out there that isn't really news worthy. Designers no....marketing geniuses yes.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by boatlessatm
Dear Cigarette

Please sack all your design people who worked on this project. Go and employ Gino and he can maybe show you how to do a boat "inspired" by a car.

Paint and a seat insert? Please!

All credit to the team though, they managed to get another story out there that isn't really news worthy. Designers no....marketing geniuses yes.

I don't think they have ever even uttered the idea their boat should look like whatever AMG car mercedes brings, so why should they do that.

You said it in your own post and both AMG and Cigarette have done it well for years........marketing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.