Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone near Apollo beach FL. >

Anyone near Apollo beach FL.

Notices

Anyone near Apollo beach FL.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I'm way off base here, but isn't this how it's supposed to work? Interested potential buyer sends seller a deposit to hold the boat for him. Buyer at this point basically considers the boat sold, and entertains no further offers.

At this point either 1) the potential buyer completes the sale, or 2) The potential buyer's circumstances change, looks at the boat and chooses not to buy it, flakes out, etc.

Next, the seller either cashes the check and either keeps all of it, part of it, depending on how much of a hassle it's been for them, or if feeling really generous, sends the full amount back.

Isn't this how it works?
Old 03-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
Maybe I'm way off base here, but isn't this how it's supposed to work? Interested potential buyer sends seller a deposit to hold the boat for him. Buyer at this point basically considers the boat sold, and entertains no further offers.

At this point either 1) the potential buyer completes the sale, or 2) The potential buyer's circumstances change, looks at the boat and chooses not to buy it, flakes out, etc.

Next, the seller either cashes the check and either keeps all of it, part of it, depending on how much of a hassle it's been for them, or if feeling really generous, sends the full amount back.

Isn't this how it works?
In some cases yes and in some no.

In this case the Seller was on vaca when Deposit was sent and was not using a broker. Buyer had his buyer back out while seller was still gone. Seller would have never had a chance to "Miss" a deal cause he was never even home to show and sell it to anyone. So he missed out on nothing.

If I was the seller and in this scenario played out, I absolutly return the deposit. I would have missed no showings, I can understand **** happens out side of the buyers control, and I was not jerked around.

There are cases it is ok to keep a deposit. To me this was not one of them.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

three types of deposits.
Refundable
Non-refundable
We didn't agree on anything.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, i guess I skimmed over that part of the story. lol.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
not to derail the thread but I am kind of new to this boating thing so let me ask a question if I may.

so you are telling us a Cigarette is hand built ,but a Fountain is a production boat so I guess my question is if fountain is not hand build like a Cigarette then how are Fountain built? robots?monkeys? donkeys? I mean really did Reggie just tap his heels and poof comes a 47 Fountain?

And I guess my other question would be,if fountain is a production built dealer stock boat and Cigarette is custom ordered hand built boat ,what does that make a dealer stock Cigarette? would that be a custom ordered hand built production Cigarette???LOL
I think what is meant by that statement is that ICEDPPL pretty much hand built that boat. There are many build threads on this site documenting what he has done to that boat. There probably is not a nut or bolt that his hands haven't touched on it. Except for the nuts holding that gauge bouncing on the dash in that one video...
Old 03-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 233 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Biff
I think what is meant by that statement is that ICEDPPL pretty much hand built that boat. There are many build threads on this site documenting what he has done to that boat. There probably is not a nut or bolt that his hands haven't touched on it. Except for the nuts holding that gauge bouncing on the dash in that one video...
I agree 100% but ICEDPPL deserves the credit !!!!
no reason to praise Cigarette and take a cheap shot at Fountain or any other boat builder for that matter,,especially since Cigarette has nothing to do for the condition of his boat.

and I bet ICEDPPL would do that to any boat he owns, him and I think alike "good is not good enough when you can make it perfect yourself" ,I have owned a lot of boats over the years of all different brands ,and there has not been one that I did not make better.

because at the end of the day I dont give a $h!t who built your boat,they built it because its there job,,but I make them perfect because its my passion.period!

Last edited by boatnt; 03-02-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
I agree 100% but ICEDPPL deserves the credit !!!!
no reason to praise Cigarette and take a cheap shot at Fountain or any other boat builder for that matter,,especially since Cigarette has nothing to do for the condition of his boat.

and I bet ICEDPPL would do that to any boat he owns, him and I think alike "good is not good enough when you can make it perfect yourself" ,I have owned a lot of boats over the years of all different brands ,and there has not been one that I did not make better.

because at the end of the day I dont give a $h!t who built your boat,they built it because its there job,,but I make them perfect because its my passion.period!
I agree with you, I wasn't taking any shots at any boat manufacturer, I was, as you pointed out giving credit to the work he did on his boat. It truly is a beautiful boat. Wish I was in the market now.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 642 Likes on 259 Posts

Cheap shots at Fountain are what I live for.

Reggie would appreciate it, as that's all he ever took at other manufactures .
Old 03-02-2017, 07:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 491 Posts

Wow, there threads in one!

1) Good to see all the offers of help in the Apollo Beach area, sounds like the OP has received some pics and an impartial opinion.

2) We haven't seen any contract, heard much about the conditions of the sale agreement or heard from the other party so most of us (myself included) will side with the OP. That's pretty normal.

3) I love Fountains but will concede Cigarettes are one of the best built offshore boats on the market. Sadly, new ones are way to expensive for my little pockets and on the used market, dollars per foot, they are still dearer than most competitors, even allowing for beaks and platforms.

RR
Old 03-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 233 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Cheap shots at Fountain are what I live for.

Reggie would appreciate it, as that's all he ever took at other manufactures .
what ever man,,knock your socks off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.