The best sensations of offshore powerboating >

The best sensations of offshore powerboating

Notices

The best sensations of offshore powerboating

Old 03-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 183 Likes on 69 Posts

Probably the best feeling / sensation I've ever gotten is after I've either run much faster - in much rougher water - than anybody was supposed to be able to safely go, or when I've just finished standing it right up (and balancing it on) the pad for a top speed run. When you do either of those, and somebody comes up to you and says, "I honestly don't know how the hell you do that." Yea, that's a good sensation.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A few more cause I'm old and retired with nothing else to do on a 28 degree day : The howl of the blowers at speed, The look from folks in big sailboats when you are at the fuel dock, and they keep circling to get in to put $40 of diesel in for the aux power, The incredibly pompous jerks at Nantucket who won't even allow you to tie up at the public docks, The euphoria when you clear the no wake zone for the first run of the year,The fact that you can go as fast as your talent and craft will allow, with no radar, lidar or aircraft surveillance to worry about. Guy's, We really are blessed and privileged to be able to pursue our hobby. Normal folks have no idea the cubic dollars and commitment associated with our addiction! Last summer I had the TG out and a worker at the ramp that collects the $10 launch fee marvels at the size of the boat. I somewhat casually say, "this is my small boat". After the words were out of my mouth, I realized how arrogant that seemed. The same guy saw me launch the Tiger, and was beside himself, certain that previously I was just B S ing him!
Old 03-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 348 Likes on 121 Posts

1: The excitement and anticipation of idling out to start a poker run.

2: The Joy of throwing a rooster tail big enough to literally block out Wolf Creek Dam on Lake Cumberland.

3: The fulfillment of giving your dock buddies' kids a ride and having one of them sit on your lap for the next two hours planning out how he's going to work hard so he can save up and buy his own Donzi.

4: The satisfaction of taking the once-proud first ZRC that was in bad need of some TLC and having it restored making it much better than it ever was new.

5: The adrenaline I get when running running down the lake on a very busy weekend and rounding the corner to the nasty washing-machine water outside State Dock and instead of slowing down like everyone else I slam the throttles forward to accelerate over the slop at 85 - 90 mph like it was Nuthin!. That's pretty dam fun.
Attached Thumbnails The best sensations of offshore powerboating-11223333_10205873581992154_2074975996850595318_o.jpg   The best sensations of offshore powerboating-13507201_1041532939227498_8421303063793141846_n.jpg   The best sensations of offshore powerboating-image.jpg  

The best sensations of offshore powerboating-zrc-int-5.jpg   The best sensations of offshore powerboating-zrc-l_30.jpg   The best sensations of offshore powerboating-zrc-001-mitch-18.jpg  

The best sensations of offshore powerboating-zrc-001-mitch-14.jpg   The best sensations of offshore powerboating-zrc-fountain-factory-096.jpg   The best sensations of offshore powerboating-10423704_1052084768142561_7460580426911677656_n.jpg  

The best sensations of offshore powerboating-picture-022.jpg  
Old 03-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great Great post Marginmn! Gorgeous ZRC! I love the supporting documentation, I don't see no stinkin' dam!
Old 03-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The look on peoples faces when I fire up the 502 big block at the ramp or any dock. Cursing across the lake when my 4 year old son says. Faster dad, uncle Adam is coming. And me laughing knowing uncle Adam is way faster!
The long drive to Lake of the Ozarks.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

flying through the air and greasing it with power at the right exact time..........

worst part...... the opposite of doing it right (oh f.... that's gonna cost me)
Old 03-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Michelle
Brenda
Karen
Gretchen
Heidi
Tracy
Old 03-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Roadtripping/boattripping with a group of boats
At the gas station using three pumps at once. 2 for boat, 1 for truck
Having the gas station attendant come out and say, "we're out now"
Yelling, "fire in the hole" at the dock
Firing the second engine
Firing up in the small lock, Westbound, at low tide. You're in an echo chamber with lots of onlookers
Pulling into Victoria Harbor, docking in front of the Parliament building, with an American Flag graphic boat named Maiden America
4th of July, Lake Union, in American Flag boat, dressed as Captain America and two kids boat over with dad in complete and utter awe, "are you the real Capt America"
Same day, in front of thousands of people, getting them to all stand up and cheer
Cruising by Bill Gates house and seeing that my boat is bigger than his
Doubling the Bremerton ferry wake
The silence in the air when you chop the throttles
Telling the passengers to get in front of the bolster cause I'm gonna nail it, they don't and end up in the back seat
My mom laughing at her sis because she wanted out. Me laughing at mom because she went shortly after
Racing seaplanes as they take off
Taking two days off of work and getting paid to run the boat while being watched by a P8 Poseidon and passing a pod of hundreds of porpoise
Parallel parking like a pro
Wife handling lines better than lots of others
Too much to list!!!!
Old 03-04-2017, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After racing for almost 10 years the one moment that I will always remember.

When the green flag went up, still sends shivers down my spine.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 264 Likes on 118 Posts

The number one thing for me is when you do a complete 180 degree turn (U-turn) chase down the hot-rodder in the nasty looking Cigarette, Fountain, Donzi, ect, (I did 180 degree turns for Skaters, Spectre's too and got smoked) roll up just along side of that readily apparent fast looking boat, then wave let's go, then the race is on,push the throttles forward, flying over ocean waves, or boat wakes, staying in it full throttle until there is a clear and decisive winner, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. Sometimes the loser wants an instant rematch, and you do race again.

Every Sunday when I was boating I looked forward to racing as many boats as possible, without hesitation.

Last edited by Smarty; 03-04-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.