OT:  GM Truck Tranny ? / Problem >

OT: GM Truck Tranny ? / Problem

Notices

OT: GM Truck Tranny ? / Problem

Old 10-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

I currently use Pohanka Chevy, in Chantilly VA. I am probably going to try Dudley Martin Chevy, in Manassas next.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, try that, might be good. It is getting more and more difficult to find a good dealer trans guy since the manufacturers only want to put in units-no more fixing them
Old 10-11-2002, 04:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian, I talked to our tranny man today and he thinks there was a TSB about that. He is going to try to find it for me. I'll post it if he can find it, our system was down yesterday

Ted, both GM and Daimler/Chrysler are now requiring us to repair in the least expensive manner. It is becoming more and more rare that we can replace the tranny. I can almost recite the numbers now for 46re and 47re trans repairs on Dodge trucks.

That is a VERY good point about a new RO every visit. A lazy service writer will just keep the same one going forever, the good news is that it looks like your vehicle was there for three months and in some states 30 days overrides the number of visits thing.

We had a new (1800 mile) Trailblazer 90 days ago that the lady kept driving even with the warning light glaring in her face and it got so hot that when she parked it the trans literally welded itself together. Try getting that ***** on a lift, we couldn't even roll it.

But remeber, this is humans on assembly lines building stuff and things are going to happen. Chevrolet will make it right, just squeal soon and squeal often if need be.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:32 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,068 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally posted by insptech
Wally-you have the infamous Chrysler hard seals, it will get owrse eventually but a change with the new Chrysler spec trans fluid might help(or maybe not) so you could just wait till it pukes all the way.
Funny you should mention that about the fluid! I read that somewhere that the Chryslers dont like the GM dextron stuff and will screw the trans up! Finding that out and knowing the last owner told me he had the trans done not too long ago i got worried about it and was thinking about changing fluid just for piece of mind.......well i didnt get that far!! Driving on the highway one day the trans line blew and dumped all my fluid on the highway at 70mph!!! So now i do had the +4 fluid in there! That was about 3000 miles ago....still does it but it dont bother me...and imsorta putting money aside for when or if it does puke!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Thanks Bucky. I want to go in as fully armed as possible!
Old 10-11-2002, 12:59 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Thanks again Brett for the second call. I appreciate it very much. I am not so concerned with the tranny 'hesistation' as I am with the hard shiffting. I will do as we spoke, and keep an eye on it, and have it checked. It only does the hard shifting (like a tranny kit) immediately after it has had a hesitation problem; so it might be the fault of the computer, or solenoid. The TSB apparently says the 'tranny hesitation' is normal operation for this unit.
Thanks Brett & everyone.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

The AV is back in the shop. The Transmission Fluid Pump was found to have a bad check valve seal. This was allowing the pump to take some time building pressure, and letting fluid drain past the pump, into the back of the pan. A new one was shipped, and it had a cracked housing. The second new one was just installed, and everything appears to be fine. We will see when I pick it up this afternoon, and continue to part it nose up. I guess I will not need new tranny fluid anytime soon!

I needed to get this straighted out before I could put aftermarket parts on! The good news is I just called Outlaw Motorsports and ordered a crap-load of new stuff!
Old 10-31-2002, 01:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Sydwayz, I seen a black av going down the road this morning and it was way up in the air and it looked sweet. So what all you got ordered for the truck?
Old 10-31-2002, 01:19 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

ARE Outlaw II Rims to match the boat trailer.
Cooper Discoverer AT 265 75 16 D tires.
Nerf Bars
K&N FIPK
Rear Airbags
HyperTech Power Programmer III
Billet Grill
Billet Bowtie
Rear Roof Spoiler
Custom dual Flowmaster exhaust is next when Mark & Mark are done with the mods.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-31-2002 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

That sounds awesome. I cant wait to see it.