Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Unique 48-Foot Doug Wright-Built V-Bottom Ready for Paint >

Unique 48-Foot Doug Wright-Built V-Bottom Ready for Paint

Notices

Unique 48-Foot Doug Wright-Built V-Bottom Ready for Paint

Old 03-29-2017, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Illusion? Nope. If that were true then the rear angle would not show the exact same issues in the exact same spot. My guess is, the eyes don't see the waviness as easy as the camera.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
Thats more than an imperfection, thats bad work... and thats more than a quick sanding from a paint guy.
If indentations/high spots exist along the joint area they can be filled and sanded as needed to level them out.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 243 Likes on 97 Posts

I personally walked by that boat over a hundred times and never had that jump out at me like it does in those pictures. The tooling was perfect (I watched it from its conception). The only thing that I can think of is that the boat was spot primed in several places before it went to Mark's and it cast some type of weird shadow in the pictures. Neither Doug or the owner of the boat would except that type of obvious imperfection. The boat has been a true dedication by its owner, Doug, and his crew to be completed.

Joe
Old 04-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

I would really like to see another set of pictures just for my own curiosity. I'm not trying to light this thread on fire either, as DW builds awesome boats and his record speaks for itself.

But I can't believe what I see in those pics...either it wasn't cut on a machine, or it was damaged after-the-fact, and that should have been fixed before it rolled out of the shop.

I can't wait to see it finished, would be cool to see some art of how it will be finished... I hope they don't ruin it with a wild paint scheme as this boats line need to be the "design" and use some cool base colors with minimal to no art.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 243 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
I would really like to see another set of pictures just for my own curiosity. I'm not trying to light this thread on fire either, as DW builds awesome boats and his record speaks for itself.

But I can't believe what I see in those pics...either it wasn't cut on a machine, or it was damaged after-the-fact, and that should have been fixed before it rolled out of the shop.

I can't wait to see it finished, would be cool to see some art of how it will be finished... I hope they don't ruin it with a wild paint scheme as this boats line need to be the "design" and use some cool base colors with minimal to no art.
The owner is a pretty high class. I doubt it will be done in poor taste.

Joe